Thread: What is wrong with Lucid Virtu on MSI Z68 motherboard

What is wrong with Lucid Virtu on MSI Z68 motherboard

Recently I have bought MSI Z68 motherboard and I have installed this on my computer. I am having the problem with virtu. I am not able to add games on virtu. When I use it then I have observed that some options are grayed down. I have read the pdf of virtu and found that this should not be. I have again found that my virtu is in evaluation version. So I want to know what is wrong with virtu I am using. Please help me to know the same.

Re: What is wrong with Lucid Virtu on MSI Z68 motherboard

Actually Lucid virtu is a best software for optimizing graphics from GPU. You must be a game fan and I guess therefore you are using virtu software on your computer. Well now as you are having problems with virtu, I doubt that you would not have installed a genuine software of it. You can find a trusted software of virtu from MSI official website. so visit that site and download the same for your computer. Then observe for such problems again.

The possible reason for this issue could be wrong version of lucid virtu. You should see that there are many release of virtu. So you should check the version which is compatible with your system. you can confirm about this by navigating to MSI site and there you will get the downloads for lucid virtu. Accordingly you should setup the software on your system. I guess this would run the virtu properly on your system.

I appreciate all your views. Thanks for giving me the replies on this query. I explain you the things in more detail. Actually the lucid virtu has been installed properly into my system. yes it is the best software for playing hybrid games. I am able to play the list of games, but the problem is that I am not able to add the same. When I start it then it shows evaluation copy. So I want to know whether it doesn’t allow adding games in evaluation copy.

As you are having a pdf of lucid virtu so you should look at every section of pdf in order to get step by step instructions of it. As it is saying that it is an evaluation version, so basically you need to activate this software, so that it would be converted to a full version. Thus refer to the manual to know more about the activation process and also to know about lucid virtu guide. Hope so it would make you updated with all these information and solve all your queries

I am having the same issue. I am using the MSI Z68-GD80 B3 motherboard BIOS version H.0 with an NVidia GTX 580 graphics card on Windows 7 64-bit.

I have tried Virtu driver versions 1.2.101, 1.2.102, and 1.2.103 from the LucidLogix website and the current version of the Virtu driver from the MSI page.

I'm currently contacting MSI technical support and they have replied with the following:

Please uninstall and also erase the lucid folder from you program files in your windows drive and then re-install from our site.
    Also:
    Dear customer, please try go to below link and download the driver then recheck the issue. Thanks! http://www.msi.com/service/download/driver-17057.html
    I will reply with any updates. Let me know if you figure anything out!

Hi

You could try to read the below to fix this issue:

How to set up Virtu
    The first process in setting up Virtu was to make sure that both the PG and the GTX 580 were enabled concurrently. That meant a trip to the BIOS (Gigabyte is still working on an EFI for its LGA1155 motherboards) and the Advance BIOS Features. There we could set the Onboard VGA to Always Enable, thus forcing the PG to be active, even when we had installed the GeForce GTX 580 graphics card. The next step is distinctly weird, though, as you have to install the graphics driver for your card and for the PG.

Previously, that would result in BSODs and a Windows re-install, but it worked fine with us. The only issue we hit was having to constantly switch from the GeForce video outputs to the PG’s, but we solved that by using two different display cables which went to the same monitor. Needless to say, this is far from the most user friendly setup.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately after following that suggestion, Virtu is still showing as an evaluation copy.

I also uninstalled the Intel HD Graphics and NVidia drivers, disabled IGD Multi-Monitor Support in the BIOS, re-enabled IGD, reinstalled Intel and NVidia drivers, and finally reinstalled Virtu.

Still not working. I expect to hear back from MSI tomorrow. I will follow up regarding their response.

I believe that the setting in BIOS is not proper. In order to work with virtu you need to have proper setting. You are not able to add games in virtu because in BIOS the multi screen option is not set properly. So go to BIOS and you have to enable the multi screen option from BIOS which you wold find under graphics section. After doing this setting I guess this will help you to add the games and the needed settings have affected the changes.

Probably the above mentioned setting should work. If you still cause the same problem then the next option you should try is to update your BIOS. I guess that the updated firmware can avoid such issues. So just check for the latest firmware of your system BIOS. Then accordingly go to your motherboard site and look for the most recent firmware, after you look for that update the BIOS using appropriate utility to flash the BIOS to newer version.

I don’t know whether this would help you. But I was having such issue before in my system. All I can outline is there must be some clash of edition or drivers or rather some other. I chase the MSI Guide to the letter & it encumbered & works faultless (Software Application Guide V1.2). You may require doing a fresh sweep & starting over. I used only the Intel graphics driver off the install disk, the downloaded Virtu driver from the MSI Website, & the latest nVidia driver for the GTX 480. Perform the same accordingly.

So I figured it out! Apparently MSI was aware of the issue and released a BIOS update (available here) that adds a "Virtu Technology key."

After flashing the BIOS, in the Integrated Graphics Devices submenu of the BIOS settings, there is a Virtu Technology option where you can select i-Mode or d-Mode. After setting up the updated BIOS, I reinstalled Virtu, and it works!

By the way, I also had to download the latest driver for Virtu from the Lucid website (available here). The release notes for version 1.2.105 state that they've added support for the MSI Z68-GD80, which is the MB I've had the issue with.

Cheers!