Thread: Audio and GPU not working MSI gx660

Audio and GPU not working MSI gx660

I have computer which I have assembled before six months and computer was running perfectly. I was using windows 7 in my computer and after that I have installed ubuntu 10.04 in my computer. I have installed ubuntu 10.04 in my computer successfully and at the time of installation I didn’t get any error. Now after installing that I get some problems in my system. Now I am not able to check my GPU temperature (ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphics) but main problem is regarding my audio which is coming only from my right speaker. There is no sound from my right speaker. Please help me with this.

Re: Audio and GPU not working MSI gx660

The problem which you have mentioned in above post regarding the GPU temperature can be solved by doing following tricks you can use the GKrellM tool this tool will help you to monitor all the things which is happening in your computer. You can easily download the GKrellM tool from internet. I think you should download that and after that install it in your computer. I hope this information will be helpful to you and you will be able to fix this.

As you have mentioned in your post that you are facing issue with audio in Linux and if you want to solve that problem then first of all you have to check that whether connection of speaker with your computer is correct or not. First check the Jack pin which you normally insert in your computer it is properly attached or not. Some time if that pin is nit inserted properly then this kind of problem can take place. Remove that pin and connect it properly and then check whether same problem is coming or not.

I think there might be something wrong with your audio driver. First check that whether you have installed right driver or not, if you have installed the driver properly then check try to solve the problem by uninstalling the driver and installing the diver again in your computer. I hope after reinstalling the driver your both speaker will work fine and you will get sound from properly. You have to also check whether both speakers is working fine or not. try to check connecting with other device.

I have tried to solve this problem by checking my jack pin connection with my speaker and also checked whether both speakers are working properly or not. I have also tried to solve to check my speaker with different device and both the speaker is working perfectly when I connect it with other device. Reinstalling the sound driver also gives me the same issue. Now please tell me what I should do to fix this problem. Any help will be appreciated

I think there might be something wrong with your audio balance setting in your system. If you want to check that then you can check it by going in to the audio manager and then look for the audio balance setting and check whether it is between the left and right speaker option, If it is not then set it in middle of left and right option. O hope after doing that you will not get any problem with your system. If you want any more information then please let me know. 

I have a GX660R (basically the same sound-wise) and putting

options snd-hda-intel index=0
    options snd-hda-intel model=acer-aspire-7730g
    at the end of /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf solves all sound issues