Thread: FF error code and No post in MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard after flashing BIOS

FF error code and No post in MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard after flashing BIOS

Recently I have updated the Bios of my MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard from v1.7 to v1.8. I updated it because I have several problems in BIOS settings. After the update most of the issues get resolved in it but then the motherboard wont posted at all. Without posting it was showing the FF error code on LED’s. The FF error code is due to the Flash failure ( I don’t know about it, I just seen in some forums). Now I am looking for a way to recover my old BIOS but I don’t know how to do it. I am completely lacking in information. How can I resolve this problem?

re: FF error code and No post in MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard after flashing BIOS

Have you ever made a CMOS reset? Was performed Schonmal a bios update? If no then go for the following:
    • Construction on the computer back minimal configuration (CPU, RAM in DIMM1 1x, VGA)
    • You get a USB stick (if possible with the 1GB size)
    • Format it to FAT32
    • You copy final bios (ONLY the bios-file on your USB flash drive (preferably the last final -> link)
    • Stick connect
    • Switch the board look and whether access is on the USB stick

re: FF error code and No post in MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard after flashing BIOS

That’s exactly my problem, too. The memory should run at 1 + 2 + 3 and 4 in Dual Channel - at least the color code and the corresponding description in the manual. At first they did that with me too, but very unstable. I cannot tell if they actually ran in dual channel, I had not checked the time. I put the latch on 1 + 3 runs, then my Recher, but only in single-mode and unstable. The whole thing I've also tried with another memory kit - with the same result. Then I put all four times purely bolt, which should actually work - but nothing. Once something is in 2 or 4, the system is dead, only the fans are still running.

Since the update to BIOS 1.7 - the new board had been on it - I no longer get the error d1, but FF and the system runs in the second cycle over again to new, comes not from the BIOS beep (the Samsung F3 running boards with BIOS 1.7 also no longer SATA3, it must still flashing, when I have a computer. I don’t know in your case what the problem is but I will try to figure it out what it is.

For those of you as well getting MSI motherboard hang up, and not read whatever thing more than "FF" on top of the LED Debug display on the motherboard. You should try to recover it somehow prior to taking the battery out otherwise switching t jumpers in order to clear CMOS settings. I was tremendously near to calling this a "DOA", except it started awake, and prior to I had an option to hit delete following finding it passed FF, had to strike reset to obtain into my BIOS settings.

Re: FF error code and No post in MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard after flashing BIOS

I think that many other people are also having the problem. However I have also found the similar thread in this forum also which is somewhat similar to this issue. The recovery is the only option at this moment. You should try this somehow. The BIOSA recovery process will probably bring back your motherboard or the entire system to normal position. If you want more information follow this link.

MSI 890FXA-GD70 BIOS Recovery Requested