Thread: Windows crashes with MSI 790FX-GD70 and 16GB RAM

Windows crashes with MSI 790FX-GD70 and 16GB RAM

I have just purchased the MSI 790FX-GD70 motherboard and then configured it in my previous computer. I have checked the configuration twice and everything seems to be fine. Now I booted the system with only 4GB RAM and installed the Windows 7. It was installed properly and then I have installed all other drivers without any issues. Yesterday I have upgraded my computer memory to 16GB. Now the problem is the system is crashing frequently without any error or something else. What could be the issue? Which memory is safe for this motherboard?

Re: Windows crashes with MSI 790FX-GD70 and 16GB RAM

Does not mean that if you have 16 GB with a 64-bit I use them all you want because I have 4 GB and I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and now I'm only using 1690 MB of RAM. It is true that 16 GB is a waste for a person to use your computer to play and go on the internet. 16 GB are for those who work with Photoshop or 3D video edius autocad and all those programs that use lots of graphics.

Go to the Control Panel.
    • I consider you require to afterward dig up into Admin tools.
    • Run the memory test.
    • It will reboot your PC and start the check.
    • Run the extended test and situate the edge toward 0 to create the test run continually.
    • Afterward allow it run meant for 24 HOURS with all memory modules installed.
    • Though the test fails I recommend you to visit Corsair's website. Post the issue in the forums and ask them about the proper BIOS settings.

Some motherboards handle poorly RAM, 8 GB above I have the same problem. With 8 GB of DDR 1000. Try to boot from the BIOS screen, sets the DDR 800 RAM in your pc and leave "hot" 6-7 minutes on the screen before the bios to boot to windows. It's a bit boring but it works for me. And I have not found a solution to remedy the problem, though I spent quite some time, if you think I do know.

This motherboard supports Kingston just very well. I've utilized a 790FX GD-70 from MSI within my computer, plus inside 2 additional systems intended for my network. I utilized Kingston in mine, and Crucial in additional one. While you talk about crashing windows, are you capable to obtain windows booted, otherwise is it crashing next to the windows boot screen? This motherboard was extremely sensitive while it came to the RAM settings inside bios. I had manually set the BIOS setting for this. Without this I will get crash.

I think it's still clear. Extract from manual: Due to limitations AM3/AM2 + CPU, only one DDR2 DIMM IS 1066 Supported per channel. When oven DDR2 DIMMs installed in 1066, all DIMMs run at 800 MHz by default frequency for System Stability. I don’t know am sure about this or not. However if you have any doubt about that then it could be better if you see the motherboard manual by yourself otherwise visit the manufacturer’s site by yourself.