Thread: MSI HQ USB BIOS Flash Tool gives ERROR Remove disk or other media.

MSI HQ USB BIOS Flash Tool gives ERROR Remove disk or other media.

I am using computer in which I am using MSI K9N Ultra motherboard and some days before I have bought new CPU but when I try to use it in my system at that time my BIOS is not able to recognize it and it saying that I have to update the BIOS. Now after that I have tried to update the BIOS with the help of Cruzer USB Device at that time it is giving me error “Remove disk or other media”. I have tried to do it two or three time and I get the same error. Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: MSI HQ USB BIOS Flash Tool gives ERROR Remove disk or other media.

As you have said you are using Cruzer USB Device to update your BIOS and if you want to update it from that device only then you have to Remove U3 Cap first. U3 is application which comes predefined in Sandisk flash memory drives. You have to first remove that and after that try to update the BIOS by using that USB device and then you will not face any issue with BIOS update. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

If you want to remove the U3 application from your USB device then you can do that by following these steps.
    • Insert your USB device in your USB port and after that you will find the U3 icon in your system tray.
    • Now double click on that U3 icon and open the software and after that open the software.
    • After that click on the setting and then you have to select U3 Launchpad settings.
    • After selecting U3 Launchpad settings you have to click on the uninstall tab.
    • Now click on the uninstall option and then click on the next.
    • Now you will get the option of restoring data to the drive after U3 is removed at that time select yes.

Now after doing that try to update the BIOS and then you will not get any error message.

If you still finding the difficulty after removing the U3 from your Sandisk flash drive and your system is giving you the same message then I think you have to format the your USB device first and after formatting it you have to prepare your USB device again with the help of MSI HQ USB BIOS Flash Tool and after doing that restart the computer and then try to update the BIOS again. Now you will not find any difficulty with your BIOS update.

If you have any other USB flesh drive with you then try to update your BIOS from that USB device and then see whether same problem is coming or not. if you don’t get any problem then it is good and if the it is end up with the same error then I think you have check all the setting in your BIOS. Go to the BIOS setting and make sure that all the setting is fine there. I think this trick will help you to update the BIOS properly. Sometime our system does not recognize some USB drives properly so first try to fix it by using different USB drive.

You can also update your BIOS with the help of bootable CD/DVD. For that you have to create one bootable CD or DVD. You can create the Bootable CD or DVD by downloading motherboard BIOS you need from MSI website and after that burning the CD or DVD with help of standard boot image file and after that use that CD or DVD to update the BIOS. If you your system is running stably then you can use the MSI Live Update 3 update tool to update your BIOS.

I have tried to update my BIOS with the help of other USB drive and after that also I get the same problem. Now after doing that I have tried to update the BIOS from bootable DVD, first I have created bootable DVD by following all the steps as you have suggested in your above steps and after trying that I have successfully updated my BIOS and now all the things are working absolutely fine. Thank you so much for helping me and solving my problem.