Thread: Hibernation not responding on MSI 760GM -E51

Hibernation not responding on MSI 760GM -E51

I have several computers, all but the new 760GM-E51 are 5-10 years old. I can run Ubuntu dual boot XP and all of them and S3 suspend all works well for both operating systems. I just bought a 760GM-E51, 955 Phenom BE, Memory 4 GB and a Raidmax RX-530SS power supply. The system works very well, however it will not suspend. The default within the BIOS is S1, but that's not going to do everything from operating systems, or even suspend list as an option. If you modify on the way to S3, gives me the choice to suspend, however XP just does not whatever thing (stays within windows) at what time I inform the suspension. Within Ubuntu, is suspended, however it goes totally dark, the light does not blink (I have the BIOS settings to flash the light on, and is unmoved by the previous board had in the case).

Re: Hibernation not responding on MSI 760GM -E51

I upgraded to the latest version of Ubuntu and the suspension works very well, without knowing what happens with XP, but I use Ubuntu most of the time anyway. So apparently was the software. The power supply has reviews high Newegg. I'm not one who believes you need to spend $ 100 + dollars on a PS. The Corsair has a single line, where there is only one security mechanism. The efficiency is much higher, and has a more modern way of turning the house had the power to equipment requirements.

They cannot be added in this way and do not Raidmax PSU. Yours is a single transistor which comes from two cables. The transistor is or was capable of something like 25A on the line of 12 volts. Each cable has a locking mechanism. You leave everything above 20 A and everything else above 17 A. Therefore, it can never take for example the graphics card of 25 amps, even if the card you want. Moreover, the strong 3.3 and 5 volt lines I say the power supply is not adequate for a modern system, and has architecture. Low efficiency esp. line 12 volts, and "dirty" high-energy fluctuation and variation are expected. My guess is that the components can burn quite quickly.

If I were building a machine state of the art and OCing under as much as possible, is likely to make a difference. The video cards I'm seeing, Nvidia GTX 260, 275 or 280 are 17 amps or less at full load, so you should handle that very well. Obviously, I could have bought a better PS, I could have bought a worse too. 4 out of 5 stars and more than 600 comments, I think it has a decent PS for the price. I'm not sweating it either way.

Read the comments of the lowest grade and beyond, and give all a thought. Many users to read the specifications and give you "5", even if they have not opened the box yet. Others give it "4", and that worked well the first two months before suddenly. The price after rebate is $ 30. That is where, and what you can use when compared to other PSU. A tiny bit off: On the box that says I have ripple 70 mV in two lines. What a pity! That is above the minimum according to the ATX specification. That is, a danger to your system.