Thread: MSI Control centre shows error message on 64bit Windows 7

MSI Control centre shows error message on 64bit Windows 7

Hey all, I recently got a brand new MSI Big Bang Xpower Motherboard for my computer system. It is running 64-bit Windows 7 operating system. Everything seems to be working as expected from this new Motherboard except one thing. Whenever I am trying to run the MSI Control centre, I am getting an error message which says: “Unknown DDR!!!” What does this mean now? Please someone shed some light on the issue. Thank you in advance.

Re: MSI Control centre shows error message on 64bit Windows 7

I would recommend you to make sure that you have properly installed the MSI Control Centre application in your 64-bit Windows 7 running system. It might be possible that you might have faced come error while installing the application but ignored it, that is why you are facing the issue while running the MSI Control centre. Once you have installed the application without facing any error, restart your system to see the changes.

The error message “Unknown DDR” clearly shows that the issue is with the RAM or the Graphics card which you have installed in your system. So, I would recommend you to make sure that you have inserted the Graphic card, RAM and any other hardware devices properly in your system. If you are unable to establish proper connection, then I would suggest you to take help from someone who is good with the hardware, someone who is professional in all this things.

You are running 64- bit Windows 7 Operating System in your system, so I would like to remind you that you need to make sure that you have installed the MSI Control Centre application which is of 64-bit version only. Right click on the exe file of the control centre and run the application as Administrator. If asked for password, please insert the administrator password and click on OK to complete the installation process.

This looks to be very weird issue to me. And the only solution which I think would work for you in the best way is to contact the MSI officials and shed lights on this issue in front of them. Them are the best known knowledgeable people regarding any issues related to MSI, who I think will be able to help you out. So, visit the nearest MSI Service Centre and submit your computer system there and get your system checked and your problem solved.

If you are unable to find any MSI Service Center in your nearby area, then I would recommend you to contact the MSI officials by visiting the official website of MSI. You can search for the same on Internet and visit the website. Or else I have attached the link of the official website of MSI Click on the following link and submit your queries to the MSI officials. Attach your email address also. You will be getting proper solution from them.

I have been using MSI Control Center from pretty long time and it has worked pretty much smoothly for me. I also noticed that there was some issue with the 64 bit version of the application. So, I would recommend you to try using the 32-bit version of the MSI Control Centre application in your 64bit Windows 7 OS, as it will work perfectly fine without any issue. If still you are facing the problem, then mostly you will have to uninstall the 64-bit Windows 7 and install 32-bit of Windows 7 in your system.