Thread: Shall I install RAM for MSI 890FXA-GD70 as dual or single channel

Shall I install RAM for MSI 890FXA-GD70 as dual or single channel

I am having a new built MSI 890FXA GD70 motherboard with windows 7. I am planning to take Corsair RAM of total capacity of 16 GB. Here I am bit confused whether I should take 2 x 8 GB of RAM or I shall have 4 x 4 GB of RAM for my motherboard. I have just heard about this that it would run at 1333 frequency. My most important question is that shall I use them as single channel or dual channel. Please provide me correct solution for this.

Re: Shall I install RAM for MSI 890FXA-GD70 as dual or single channel

According to me you do not really necessitate that much RAM, I propose you presently use the 2x4GB modules. Nevertheless, this would also offer i.e. 2-4-2-4 gives the finest performance. That lets you use all 12 GB of RAM (assuming you have a operating system of 64 bit) and runs in dual channel mode. It will work in the time-consuming module's speed, though, so that the modules of 4 GB would provide 1333 MHz of frequency with success only. But in my view the speed would lose with the increase in RAM if you in fact want the memory capacity.

I think you made a wrong interpretation dual-channel mode. Dual channel memory is inserted in to your (speculative) memory performance is enlarged twice. For example, if one of its modules work is able to 8GB / s, and can also be made of 8 GB / s, and then dual channel will also be able to GB / s. They will not, however, reduce the total installation capacity. So if you use 2x4GB modules machining, have all the 8 GB you can get into your system. It will not split the computer's memory capacity.

Yes, the RAM speed and timing do not really have an effect on performance more. I had read an article somewhere. In abstracting ability, put at stake equivalent colors. That will give the best performance excellent. Although it has been tested by an article a few that the dual and single channel does not really make much difference. So have a look at this point and accordingly decide what you to go for. Do take update of other views.

What I recommend to you that you just bought two sticks of DDR3 memory for your configuration. And that seems adequate. You will almost similar frequency of CM is compatible with the motherboard. In my case, I had previously bought and that at least three DDR3 slots on the board. I will use about 6 GB of RAM is more than adequate for my computer, with support from the graphics card 1GB. For things like Intel boards are one of the best you can try. And do not forget to have the information of the maximum RAM that can be placed.

We can use a large memory module (often referred to as sticks) with all the memory they need. It is, however, in most configurations, which benefits small run two memory cards in dual-channel method (e.g., 1 GB of RAM, two sticks instead of a stick 2 GB). The theory is to stabilize the bandwidth (amount of data) or from the RAM and CPU. The performance boost is mostly joined the motherboard you are using.

As for my view is that if you have 1 GB dual channel mode then it is well again and be full of 2 GB of RAM, then I propose that as a single channel, since for this type of this is the best way and fast. Typically speaking, in the present invention chipsets, along with channels occupied by unusual companies of RAM will work in an irregular way of two channels. Which together are established through work on identical specifications RAM dual channel balanced mode. In theory, the same dual-channel mode is faster than unequal. Except in the real existence of the disparity is so miniature, while it is essentially imaginary.