Thread: D2190-A motherboard compatibility with IDE DVDRW

D2190-A motherboard compatibility with IDE DVDRW

I have encountered a strange problem so I have came over here so seek help form you all guys, may be you all can sort it out and help in to get the issue solved. My NEC IDE DVDRW is just dead. I have D2190-A mother board. Now I have installed the LG IDE DVDRW, by doing so I am getting OS not found and HDD is just not being shown up in the BIOS to but when I change the DVDW again and fix the old one everything works fine. Can anyone sort out the issue?

Re: D2190-A motherboard compatibility with IDE DVDRW

I think I have a solution for your problem and I can sort it out, I will tell you but you have to do it yourself. Listen first of all search on the internet whether the stuff you are using and trying to connect each other are compatible or not. If it is not compatible then get the compatible things and then perform the tasks. Your problem seems to be because of the bad jumper setting. Set the jumper properly and see to it that you do it carefully or else get some experts help.

I also had the same issue but I dint had the same configuration as you are having. It was working fine with old DVDW and was not ready to accept the new piece. But when I did it properly it got started. First I thought it was the ghost in my system but I was wrong the issue was very idiotic and I was laughing on myself after it got started. The only problem was that I was not attaching the IDE and power cables correctly and it was not getting attached to the motherboard correctly because of which it was not starting and I had to struggle.

Hey if you have set all things and properly and still it is not working then you should make sure in your BIOS Setup screens and / or your motherboard manual check and find out if you find some indication about the BIOS overlap. And you require to attach the subsequent SATA drive to a precise port to avoid clash with IDE devices? This is NOT at all ordinary, but earlier few BIOS's had this kind of odd restrictions.

Have you attempt making certain that on the flipside of theHDD, the jumpers are put to the right function? i.e. Master/Slave/CableSelect (m/s/c)?Make certain the M/S location on the HDD equal the situation in the BIOS.I know you tartan the IDE connections, but just make sure that there are no twisted pins. Occasionally you insincerity always mark it. Also, make sure that the Molex Power connector departing to the drive is alive and working.

Yes love you all guys, now all things are working absolutely fine and there are no issues. My deep deep regards to all of you who have replied to my post and helped me out. As it was suggested by one of you to check out the compatibility I did that and found it as compatible. So I had a close look to it and just checked my all the things again and guess what I found that I was not connecting the things properly and that was the reason it was not starting. Shame on me. Any ways thanks to all once again.