Thread: There is no ram available showed on my system

There is no ram available showed on my system

I had a strange issue on a client pc. He just got a new computer which he purchased 3 months. He transferred to different place. The system was not used for around 2 weeks and when he connected there is nothing on the screen. I checked and found that the issue lies with the RAM. Inside there are two rams in different slots. Those both are not visible in the bios. So what can I do here to get this fix without spending on someone. Thanks.

Re: There is no ram available showed on my system

There are some programs that can check your computer and give you a very precise analysis that what is your system hardware and how they are functioning. It is also possible to track the performance. You can by that find out the problem. There is tool called memtest. You can create a bootable disc of that. If the problem still persists, then the solution is to call an technical support. You can just check for someone and I will recommend you not to touch if you are not technically strong.

If your computer is not recognizing all the RAM then this could be a problem with the BIOS. For this check with the manufacturer of your motherboard or PC and look for BIOS updates. You will need to go the site or arrange for flashing the bios. Before you do anything you must be sure that you have the most correct version. Such updates may cause problems if not done properly. Make sure you have good antivirus. Some viruses can cause problems that may cause memory errors.

There one basic thing that you can try. Change the slot of the memory. You can try changing between them. You can also try check them separately one by one and boot your system and this can help you to find out which is faulty memory. This can be possible that your system is not detecting ram. Check that you are not having any compatibility problem with the ram and the motherboard. There might be a wrong memory inserted on the board.

Get the motherboard manual and read that which type of ram is needed on that. I am sure you might need to get an upgrade now. Check that which type of memory is not supported so that you do not buy the wrong one. If you had already opened the PC then see how the contacts of RAM modules are maintained. You must remove them carefully from the slots and proceeds to clean the contacts properly and place them back again.

The first thing to do is find the manual for your motherboard. Because they always specify which type of memory can work in this. Maybe the problem is with an improper placement of ram slots. If you lost the manual, the program can use Everest to gather information on the characteristics of the parts of your PC. After identifying the model of your motherboard with Everest, do a Google search to see the technical details of the plaque. Everest also tells you what kind of RAM you have installed on your PC.