Thread: Getting ff code using MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard

Getting ff code using MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard

I am having computer with following configuration. MSI 890FXA GD70 motherboard, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.2 GHz, TR2 RX 750w power supply, Patriot PC3-12800 DDR3 2 x 4GB RAM, Radeon HD 5770 1gb graphic card. I have just bought this built before couple of days and my computer was proper till that time and when I started my computer then it gave me ff code again and again. So what shall I do in order to remove such error?

Re: Getting ff code using MSI 890FXA-GD70 motherboard

In this situation, it would help you if you clear the CMOS. I am telling you this because this is the most basic solution which solves such problem. So I would give you some tips to clear you CMOS. First of all you need to open the computer case and then remove the CMOS battery or else press the switch if your motherboard is having it. Else you can replace your existing battery with a new one and then try turning your computer and just see whether you receive same error again.

I have heard that this ff error is due to some memory problem. So for this you need to check that your RAM memory is properly working. You are having two RAM sticks, so you can try booting using a single chip one by one and this will let you know whether it is working or not. Also you can try to place your RAM onto other slots available on your motherboard. So if you find any faulty chip then replace the same and then I guess the ff error would be solved.

This also may happen if any of the hardware components inside the cabinet is lose probably the processor. So just have a look on these components and then reseat these if you find it is not proper. You can try to update your BIOS in order to get rid of this error. You7 would be able to update the BIOS as you are not able to POST and you can see the first screen. So when you download the latest firmware then select update utility to update the BIOS.

Well I also heard of clearing CMOS from one friend and in order to get the solution for this problem I again checked for this forum and I got the same solution here. So I did clearing the CMOS, but unfortunately this didn’t help me. Then I tried placing RAM and checked for every chip and found that none of this chip is faulty. So basically I am not able to figure out the exact problem so is there any other solution to it or the last option is RMA of my board.

If the problem is not getting solved then it is better to RMA your motherboard. The MSI people would have much knowledge regarding their device and thus placing your motherboard to RMA would solve your problem. Your built have got couple of days so you are having your hardware under warranty so rather than trying several things by yourself, I suggest you to call MSI support and register your device for RMA so that you get back your fixed device soon.