Thread: Msi R6870 hawk twin 1gb boot without signal

Msi R6870 hawk twin 1gb boot without signal

Hi all, I have recently upgraded my computer and bought a new GFX card (R6870) and along with that I bought a new ram (DDR3 1600mhz) plus a new motherboard (asrock p43de3). All the parts that bought is new and functioning but when I put them all together in the system and tried to power on the system then I observed that there is no signal to the monitor. This is very strange. I tried many things to get it resolved but all that were just not working for me. Please tell me that how can I solve this problem. I will be thankful to all the replies on this.

Re: Msi R6870 hawk twin 1gb boot without signal

The most possible reason for this is the loose connection. So the first thing that you need to do is to remove all the connections from it and after that connect it again. Make sure that all the connections are tight. Now again try to start the system. If that does not solve the problem then you can also look for the bad connection cable. If you feel any of the connecting cable is corrupted then you should replace that with the new one and that can also resolve this problem. So please do these things and let us know if that helps you or not.

It can be the power supply that is causing the problem. It might have not providing the proper power supply to the board and for that reason you are getting this problem. If it is possible then you can try with some other well working power supply to see if that is working for you. I have seen some of the similar issues where changing the power supplier solves the problem and I wish that it will do the same for you. Good Luck!!!

If you think that the graphic card is faulty then you can test the card on some other machine to check if that is showing the same effect over there as well. If that is showing the same thing there then it will confirm that the problem is with the graphic card and as you told that the card is new so it must be under warranty and you can replace that very easily. Other than this, Can you tell us that what is the brand and model of the power supply that you are using? It may be 500W but how amps are on +12v rail/s?

It can be the compatibility issue. I mean that the card you are trying to use may not be compatible with the motherboard and so it shows you the problem. So before moving to anything else, you should verify that it is compatible with the motherboard that you are using. If that is not compatible then it is definitely going to show you the issues like this. This is the only thing that I can recommend you now and I wish that you will be out of the issue soon. Thank you!!!

I think that the RAM is not placed to its place properly. I mean that the contact of RAM and the motherboard is no proper and because of that it is failed to start the system. What you can do is, just remove the power connection from that and take out the RAM out of the mobo. Clean the pins on that gently with the help of soft cloth and then inset it back to its place. You can also change the slot of the RAM and use some other slot.