Thread: MSI P67A-GD65 hdd light always lit

MSI P67A-GD65 hdd light always lit

Friends, I assembled a new computer with the motherboard mentioned in the title and all the things were working great but I found that the hard drive light was always stays dim which shows that the hard drive is active. I switched connector from motherboard to observe if it was a polarity matter, but then it does not function for me. I even used a dissimilar LED which was not associated to my case and taken out all additional connectors but it still stayed dim. Please tell me that what is the possible reason and solution for this.

Re: MSI P67A-GD65 hdd light always lit

There is one thing that you can check is that if the positive and the negative wires of the connectors for the HDD LED are changed. If that is the case then also it can show you the effects like this. So if this is true in your case then just change the connectors to the correct one and you will find that the problem is resolved. There may be many other reasons for this but this is the first thing that you need to check in the cases like this.

There is one possibility that some other LED nearby the hdd LED is lighting up and that is giving the expression that the hdd LED is on. So check for any such LED nearby. I know that there are very less chances that any of such things can happen to it but it will not be a bad idea to check it once and confirm it before moving to any of the big solution. If that is not true then please reply back so that I can give you some other probable resolution for this.

I have tried all the things. The computer functions just great. There is completely no issue by means of working of the system. I am influenced it's just built this way otherwise there's anything bad through the motherboard. The light is not clear apart from when there's real hard drive action but you can still observe it softly lit as of the time when I turn on power. It actually bothers me except at same time I don't require to RMA.

I would like to tell you that if the system is on then there is some voltage in the line and this is not more than the trace. I don’t thing that it is going to harm your system in manner. But if you want to eliminate that then you can try by changing the SATA cable that you are using. If the problem is due to the SATA cable then changing the cable will resolve the issue. Other than this you can also try by cleaning all the contents from your drive. I wish you will be out of the issue soon.

In my opinion the hard drive LED should work as here. Without activity, the disk LED is off. Mby suggestion to you is to check and confirm the LED connections are correct at the MB seems to be fed somehow. If connected correctly, then it must be the MB but no luck. I would be grateful for any information, and if it is standard or if something is incorrect and I be supposed to RMA the board.