Thread: How to Change BIOS reserved area for video?

How to Change BIOS reserved area for video?

Hello everybody, Is it feasible to switch the BIOS reserved region of my K8T Master2 Far7 as due to which my RAM of my Powercolor HD3850 (512 Mb) or of my HIS HD4670 (1 Gbyte) can fit into it properly? And my both card are AGP. And my system is has following configuration including 4 Gb RAM and an LC Metatron 1 kW with 36 A on the 12 V line. Your any possible help will be worth to me. Thanks.

Re: How to Change BIOS reserved area for video?

Hello there, As you want to change your BIOS area for video card, try to put this “Powercolour HD3850 AGP on via chipset” and it’s not the problem with you many of K8T Master2 Far7 are dealing with same problem and are not finding proper place to adjust the video card. So try to put it through Chipset, it will work for sure, as its help out many other too. If even after trying this out you are facing any further problem or the video doesn’t attached through via chipset even, then reply here with the exact problem.

Hey, the problem is, that Via chip are currently not manufactured anymore, and being stopped since a very plenty time, so it will much harder for you to get it, I also have doubt that MIS will able to do anything with the BIOS as Via not product chipsets anymore and alternate option of AGP is also closed it around 5 years or more. So you can opt for current board with DDR3, PCle, onboard VGA and a cheap CPU is faster and even save more electricity.

Hi, the problem is much common among user of K8T Master2 Far7 or there is possibility that you can adjust video card, had you ever try to run it on 2gb RAM, it will make adjustment for the video card and as my conscience it will work out, as its work for many user so why not you just give a try and it’s doesn’t take anything from your system, you just have to work with 2 gbytes and all will work out just as it was. And In recent if you planned to buy a motherboard than opt to ASUS SK8V in which the card works has a Via K8T800 chipset too, and will operate without any difficulty. The only changed is that the BIOS is AMI and it doesn't work with 4 Gbyte RAM.

Give a try to check out where MIS HQ have any solution this problem or what the better place to fix or any solution already exist with them, nothing losses in asking them, might this problem had already been sort out formerly by them and they will even assist you for the better option. As something there help also terms to be feasible solution to the problems. So contact them and tell me later about their replies to this problem. Hope you will get a place for your Video card.