Thread: What is MSI K9ND Speedster 2 sata speed limit?

What is MSI K9ND Speedster 2 sata speed limit?

Hello folks, I had just purchased a SSD for my Personal Computer
    With the configuration of :
    K9ND speedster 2
    2x Opteron 2380
    4x2GB reg ecc pc-5300
    XFX ATI 4890BE
    SSD: OCZ Agility 2 60GB
    and I had seen many people who gets 250MB/s read and write with this same SSD, but I am not getting above 150MB/s read.

Is this a problem? What should I do about it! Is there any solution to it or I should get SATA controller to fix this problem?

It will be very kind of everyone How will suggest me for further procedure of. What to be done next?

Re: What is MSI K9ND Speedster 2 sata speed limit?

Hey hi, had a question for you, How did you tested the speed? that matters a lot, this depend on mostly on the software you are using , I think You should try HDtune pro and crystal benchmark and contact it directly to the speedster the and make sure that the disk is not full that means more space is free, or if possible don’t use the same for OS or something else. This will increase your speed to much extent, if it doesn’t work out than reply me with further quires.

hello , I gone through this quires and as my knowledge Its support for SATA II is superb and finding it strange that you are getting problem with this, and yeah this is the problem happening with very few people, so I would suggest you to Try to check it out on some other system, and check what is the performance on it, and try to Use it on latest version of BIOS , i.e., Beta BIOS , which is now in developing process and till now its feedback are much positive. SO try this certain thing and you will come to know about the exact problem, as buying a SATA controller will never to be first step as you can try certain thing which are not related to further expenses.

As this is the speed which you are getting 150MB/s read, have you seen personally that other are getting speed of 250MB/s ? , and as per I know and seen this speed is normal what you have to be get, and it is also a good speed, as you are planning to buy controller which will cost you around € 300(Euro) Which is not cheap, or if you are planning than buy a better controller which include PCI-e 4x, separate CPU and memory, this controllers will surly give you the speed even more than your 250MB/s. And One more thing I would like to add is to go with SAS driver as a replacement for SATA as SATA is much slower than SAS , As SAS is bit Expensive than the SATA but also have nearly double speed.

As this is your normal PC , it more convenient you to go with SSD either than to go with SAS, because it will create much noise also, which not be a much clever step, so go with SSD, So are per the search and information gather by me, I am on the conclusion that adding on PCI-e 4x can even capable of take your speed higher. So try this even can help you out with this problem.

As the my Knowledge about this processer, If you have just 1 SSD, its not a better idea to expenses in buying a new controller. As 1 SSD isn’t fast enough to fill PCI-e 4x lane. People who had been stated about the higher speed to you, confirm them about number of SSD they are using , Just check out website will getting comparing completely with the system of there and your and then make a further decision, As per me you are getting the right speed and nothing is wrong with it, check out information about it and make up your mind either to buy a processor or not, but as per my suggestion 1 SSD will do nothing help PCI-e 4x to boost your speed .