Thread: MSI 880GM-E41 motherboard error no onboard audio device OS installed is windows XP?

MSI 880GM-E41 motherboard error no onboard audio device OS installed is windows XP?

Please anyone help me! I am having a MSI 880GM-E41 and I have formatted my pc with windows XP and now when I tried to run windows media player and win amp I was getting an error saying you don’t have a audio device or it isn’t working properly? So is there anyone else with the same problem or have solved it and knows the solution please suggest me am very upset with this audio not working I need my audio to work as soon as possible am unable to hear movie sound nor songs?

Re: MSI 880GM-E41 motherboard error no onboard audio device OS installed is windows XP?

Hey, I have been facing this problem some time ago but I wasn’t having the same motherboard I was having my laptop with Intel p4 processor and Gigabyte motherboard with vista and when I formatted my laptop with XP as the vista was to slow I to faced the same problem saying I don’t have a audio device and even the motherboard CD provided by the manufacturer wasn’t working in spite of installing those driver it was showing the same problem later what I did was I went on the genuine site of my laptop manufacturer and searched the driver for ma mother board with its model number I got the driver I downloaded it and when I installed it after that there was no audio problem anymore

Re: MSI 880GM-E41 motherboard error no onboard audio device OS installed is windows XP?

This is a common problem with many of them I would ask you don’t you have the Motherboard CD provided from your manufacturer that CD dose have the driver and installing that may solve your problem. And I don’t think it should show you a PCI device problem for audio but if it is showing do one thing try to connect your hard disk with some other system let’s see if it works. And other then this you can go to the site of MSI and search for the driver by your model number and download it and install it I think this would help to sort your problem out.

Well I had a friend who was dealing with the same problem I think your driver must be corrupted download it from a MSI site according to your model number and install that one I think this would work and if it don’t contact your manufacturer or the service center they would have a better solution and what you can do is try installing windows 7 because it installs all such hardware’s on own so if it is working then there is no PCI problem and all its that your driver is been corrupted .

My personal view is I think you should format your pc once more and have you installed your motherboard driver because windows XP cannot install the sound drivers on its own it requires driver to be installed so see that you have installed it and if still it isn’t working it may be wrong driver or not compactable to your motherboard or maybe it is corrupted so try to download it from internet and get the driver or else install windows 7 as it has its installs the compactable driver for sound on its own.

If you right click My Computer, go to properties and select Hardware. Then select Device Manager and scroll to sound, video and game controllers. Open the little + sign. Is a Audio Device listed?