Thread: k9nd Speedster-wa6 (ms-9652) northbridge cooler

k9nd Speedster-wa6 (ms-9652) northbridge cooler

Hello everyone, I have newly found a difficulty as overheating and more particularly to the northbridge heatsink that I am having (currently passive) and that is the major problem for me. I am thinking for some substitute northbridge coolers which are thin enough for go under the vid card (GeForce GTS 250) that extends over heatsink area. Is there anyone who can give me some good suggestion for it? Thank you for reading and replying on this post in advance.

Re: k9nd Speedster-wa6 (ms-9652) northbridge cooler

I think that you have essentially had that cooler installed lying on the mainboard. I am only concerned regarding it hitting the silver heatsink flanked by cpu and the chipset. I think that the heatpipes clear it. They give the impression that they curve upwards to miss them. If they come close then I could always bend the heatpipe slightly. Did you ever tested by installing a fan on yours system? I think that it is an simple way to clutch out a few degrees of cooling.

If I turn it the other way such that heatsink at the bottom. That way, it won't touch something. I had it installed and it worked enormous. In my case the chip overheated additionally, therefore I modified it. You don't require a fan attached with the heatsink, just install heatsink through itself and it will work fine. You will discover that the heatsink will sense warm to touch however not hot by far.

Can you just verify the BSOD code that was getting previous to fitting fresh coolers? Is it BCCode 124, unknown hardware error? I believe that it is overheating as well. When I was getting somewhat similar problem then I only run through WinSAT again by holding the 80mm fan equipped to chipset fan, aprox 5cm apart from it. Ran through the test absolutely, and remained steady throughout prime95 stress testing. Previous to testing this, the system may lock up through the BSOD around 30 seconds and after that the problem solved.

You can try to make use of the SpeedFan and check of that can help you. If you want more information on this then you can search for his on google and you will get many of the results on this. Just use this and see if that can resolve the issue that you are facing. I used the same whenever I get any problem like this and it resolves the problem for me and so there are more chances that it will do the same for you as well. Please reply back if this helps you or not so that we can provide you some other solution for this.

I was locking up every time you run the speed test, copying a large number of files or when the system was under any load. I went ahead and bought the cooler north of the bridge itself than the top of this thread. It seems to have done the trick. Now, however, I am suffering fan noise. Every time I tried to set auto fan in the BIOS reads the CPU at 60 degrees and the other as 30 and I just locked up. I tried SpeedFan but the same problems. Please give me some suggestions for this.