Thread: k9nd speedster 1.1 failed to post

k9nd speedster 1.1 failed to post

I am having the K9nd Speedster 1.1 through 8MB BIOS and 2x Barcelona 8356 quad core CPU. It is having the Thermaltake TR2-430NP PSU with 24-pin main connector. It is having the second connector which has 4 pins. The ram boards are within slots 1 and 2 of every cpu, otherwise 3 and 4. I have seen both configurations. If I switch on it then I observed that all the fans spins but it does not start the computer. Please tell me that what I should do to resolve the problem.

Re: k9nd speedster 1.1 failed to post

There might be some problem with the CMOS. I am not very sure about that but it can be one of the possible reasons for this. To solve this, you can try to clear the CMOS and that that can resolve the issue that you are facing. There are many of the similar cases where clearing the CMOS helps and so it can help you as well. I hope there will be more advanced solution for this in future if this does not help you.

Why do you waste so much on this immense hardware (workstation board, great CPU's) even as using a completely inappropriate PSU? You actually require a superior build power supply, particular 12V-rail, by means of at least 40A output lying on that solitary 12V-rail alone. Second thing is the 8xxx-series. I would like to tell you that Opterons are never 100% certain to work through this board, they are not formally supported. But I would actually begin by taking out the power supply.

You be supposed to contain all 8 pins connected which connector feeds the CPU's, extremely significant - what you are trying to perform is similar to trying to start a car by means of a flashlight battery. Other than this you should verify to make sure that the memory is Registered ECC DDR2 - It should be registered and if it is not then it will not boot. I don’t think that there is some problem with the RAM. It must be fine. Good Luck.

This won't be a graphics concentrated otherwise i/o concentrated system. The toughest thing it will perform will be decoding as well as encoding video meant for dvd creation. I am going to utilize a low-end pci-e 16x card. It is at my office, I don't know the specifications of that. This will have only a single hard drive for now. I could make a set of RAID-0 SSD for the operating system later. I have the procs for $ 80 each, and motherboard for $ 90. I was doing research on hardware for the job when I came across these components, and I decided to create an 8-core system just for the fun of it.

Does someone have to waste time with the option ROM of placement on the Advanced page? The instructions on the right side because they are something like: "You decide to enable this option when you knew it was risky if the system stops during boot, return here to hide.." When it is disabled, a warning at POST will come and you have to hit F1 to continue. I think option ROM refers to how and when to open the dialogue ROM other devices, such as the RAID controller during boot.

I tried the things posted above. I took two plates of RAM and there was no difference. I tried the other two males, no difference. Attempt to load Ubuntu. It gets to the menu to choose whether to install or go Live CD, and will go further and freeze. I tried a single CPU and a ram, same thing. Then I will try to remove the plaque and put it in the newspaper or something, although I have reassembled and are definitely not more holes brackets. I will also try a different CD-ROM to load the operating system. If nothing works, I'll have to rma the board and is likely to splurge on the Speedster 2.