Thread: K9ND Speedster-wa6 fails to provide video output

K9ND Speedster-wa6 fails to provide video output

I am trying to configure a new computer. I bought a MSI Speedster-Wa6 K9ND version 1.1. I am operating two processors of AMD Opteron dual-core socket 1207. I have video card of Nvidia GeForce GTS 250, RAM 4GB DDR667 ECC memory and a BIOS chip 4MB. I will be thinking to buy of two AMD Opteron quad-cores in the future if I can get things done and I understand that I have to get an 8mb BIOS chip.
    My problem is I am not able to get any video output. The components are connected, everything is getting power. The monitor has been confirmed to work in every way. I did not even get a POST appear. Does anyone have any idea how I can be doing wrong? Tomorrow I will be getting my hands on two sticks over 2GB of ram myself to see if it makes a difference to have 4 DIMM vs. 2 DIMM. I would love any help you can give. Also my CPU socket 0 is running hot in a socket of the CPU is running at a good 45C. It runs around 80C, but ranges between 79C and 85C at random. Please I need help.

Re: K9ND Speedster-wa6 fails to provide video output

As you are using RAM 4 GB DDR667 ECC so I think it is necessary to have EEC Ram with record. I think it will be the most logical cause of your problem. If you're not sure what ram you need, use a memory configurator Kingston or Crucial to select the right memory for you. You know this will help you find the best suitable memory you need. Just try this and I hope this helps you.

Sockets are not hot. However, it is necessary to apply only a small drop of paste, while if the spread is barely seen at all. However, make sure there is enough air flow around the socket. However, there can be 80C, and that the board should be off to 80C, how do you measure this? With some 3rd party program to fool? Well I don’t know much but I think you check about this and see is there any way.

I do not know what Antec recommends, but the layer of grease should be just seen, that fine. Otherwise the measurements again, but do not worry nothing is burning. The heat sinks are there to make sure you have good contact with or without grease; however, too much grease accumulates excess heat. With this CPU cannot use very little things, just too much. If the readings are the same, no grease, then you should be fun reading it, as heat sinks should be almost as hot.

Do not worry about this. The difficulty you describe is exactly the same as with some other bios in this forum. The CPU-0 reading temperature is much higher than the CPU-1 is reading. I had exactly the same and even the bios 1.1 and 2212 to two inches (4mb bios). With 1.3 bios, tempreadings were normal. It's just a bios problem, I guess. So I think to change the BIOS may help. Just try once.

Are you using Windows 7 Ultimate on your computer now? If yes, so just check there is support Windows 7 drivers for the motherboard. From MSI website only has Vista and sometimes only 32 bit drivers, so you'd rather look for drivers on the web. So, if you get the drivers, hope they can solve their problems blue screen. It could also be more useful if we show the information BSODs.

It seems hardware / driver related. Any other hardware installed that was not already mentioned? Please make a signature and specifications of the full list here. It will be easier for everyone. I also prefer that you try another version of Windows, Windows XP SP3 is a god idea and see if you get the BSOD fixed or not. It is also better than enjoying your system to stop reading temperatures, loss of time, since the board has overheating safety anyway and that starts on the road before something bad happens.