Thread: No post and beep with MSI 790GX-G65 and AMD Phenom X4 955 BE

No post and beep with MSI 790GX-G65 and AMD Phenom X4 955 BE

Hello friends I have a computer with the configuration such as Quad-core 3.2 GHz AMD Phenom X4 Black Edition 955, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, 4 x 2 GB Apacer DDR3 RAM and 500 GB hard drive. Last night I came home to a PC with a frozen left. PC has been working well for above 2 years, but the CPU is been operating a bit hot in recent times (60C) with occasional BSODs with some reference ATI driver. I updated my video drivers a sometimes. Suspected overheating CPU or ATI. I never overclocked since everything in the M / B CPU lights to suspect a brick.

Re: No post and beep with MSI 790GX-G65 and AMD Phenom X4 955 BE

The first thing I would suggest you try a decent power supply and second place with another CPU. You know I've tried a 230W power supply (ZIXAA P4-450W) with the same results. I do not know if it's supposed to work, but if the power failure is the cause, I think the result of it makes sense. You know I had the same problem, so the power of the PC through the M / B switch and plug in my keyboard, the keyboard function LED lights for a second, then dies. I suspect that the M / B are fine, but I cannot be sure.

You can try on another system processor compatible. He has tried a single stick of memory right. However, the process is very difficult, and worked once. They are mostly made metal dug wells and mines in Zaire and Angola. The metals are sent to Asia for purification, etc. What health treatment, either and so the power supply is more likely. Also you can usually see if there is a speaker / beeps on the motherboard. I cannot see one. There is no risk that things can damage the speaker connection case. Or work, or polarity change but almost no power at all.

Well, first do not use anti-static bag to put MB. Use non-conductive surfaces. Disconnect everything except the CPU and memory DIMM RAM, wireless VGA board. Did you connect the speaker to pins 2 and 8 JFP2? You should get a sound out of it. Check if your FSB overclock switches are in position. Just press the button once CLR_CMOS and do not touch the battery. I hope this solves your problem.

Use a multimeter to test my ATX power supply output on the board when turned on. Starting to think that the power supply is good, but still cannot be sure. But I do not think it will work stably. I bet the 5V line is rated 30 ~ 40A is the power supply and very old junk, no more reboot until a suitable 12V> 35A power supply, Corsair CX400 as a series or better. Well I hope you understand what I mean.

I agree that his power is not too big for this rig, but should not cause problems with the CPU + RAM + video card integrated. The test 945 and Phenom X4 955BE II processor has a TDP of 125 watts. As a result we realize our test platform peak consumption around 180 watts of power when the voltage of the CPU cores. Our system is idling but only at 129 watts. However, for everyday use you should buy a better power source. It would be wise to get an ATX12V v2.3.

Much better off getting a lower cost power supply Cooler Master Corsair, you will not find any of us who have been around this forum for any length of time we recommend a CM power of any kind especially if rail +12 V. Do it now and not for a long time other than to recommend a single 12 V power supply rail, no matter what brand it is. At least a Corsair VX550W and if you have the intention of the updates to the components that may require more energy than usual choice is to get a Corsair TX650W, which most of the people use.