Thread: MSI Big Bang Xpower issue?

MSI Big Bang Xpower issue?

Well, I'm here because I'm having strange problems with my brand new Big Bang Xpower. I have to tell you that it seems to work fine with cpu, ram, etc... But it's impossible for me to use my GTX570s Triple Slid. I have already tested them individually and they work perfectly... so it's not their fault. When I am in Triple Slid mode, the OS (Win 7 64bit, btw) is so slow, loadings are eternal, and cpu goes up and down from 10% usage to 100%, it's crazy! In general it's impossible to do anything due to system's slowness and the whole situation is clearly a mess. Plus, the nvidia panel shows the first card (which is connected to my monitor) as if it's actually the third card! Unbelievable, look at this screenshot: I tried to connect the DVI cable to the others graphic cards, but the video output comes only when the OS loads the nvidia drivers, so it's not a good idea and, in any case, it doesn't solve the slowness' issue. I changed Nvidia drivers too, several time, but without any improvement. 270, 266, etc... no way out. The other fact that make this situation so confused, is that I tried to remove one card and make a Two-way SLI... well, they works fine this time (like in the single vga mode). But I have the same issue: the first video card is shown as the second card in the Nvidia Panel is this?! What can I do? I've already upgrade my BIOS to the last version (1.6), I over volt the IOH from 1,150 up to 1,250, but this made no difference at all.

Re: MSI Big Bang Xpower issue?

I would like to recommend you that there is Cooler Master Silent Pro M850, it has 6 pci-ex connectors, with 66A on 12v line...and I am thinking that you don’t have any problem with the PSU, because I didn't even stress the board a little, so... I'm seriously convinced that the problem is the Mo Bo, 'cause the wrong vga's "numeration" into the Nvidia Control Panel shows an issue of Pci-Ex lines' management to me. I think the question you are asking has some mistake.

I would like to suggest you that please don't be too critical. This is an all volunteer user to user forum. Sufficient amps are of extreme importance. Bernhard is on the right track with 75 +12V amps for Tri-SLI & your system configuration. Yes, plug power to the JPWR4. When testing one of the BB X boards I have in SLI, Nvidia panel does the same thing. A recognition glitch in the software perhaps. Operation doesn't seem to be affected. I hope that this suggestion will help you in solving the problem.

There was a problem a while back with Triple-SLI on the BB XP running Win 7 64 with 12G RAM using 4-series Nvidia boards but it was solved back around the 1.4 or 1.5 BIOS release (- Fix WIN7 system very slow when 12G memory and Nvidia 4 series 3-way issue.). However, In this case this could be a recurrence of the same problem with the 5-series Nvidia boards so you need to check the support. It would be pure luck if anyone here is running your configuration, notices your post and comments it. Also, I think you will find that your PS is a bit short on AMPs for your setup when you try to run those 3 cards under anything approaching full load. The plug you are referring to provides additional current to the PCI-E bus which should be used when 3 cards are plugged in. The Nvidia cards will limit performance and write to the log if they are being power-starved so you should know that it's happening. i hope the suggestion helps you.

From the discussion going on I would like you recommend you that the fins on the d14 are thinner compared you u12p se2 and will be an obstacle for rams with tall heat spreaders. You wouldn't really need anything more than nectar u12pse2/venomous X. Someone said xpower is a good board but question is do you need it? What's your budget, requirement, need, etc? That's the point in having a pc build template.

I would like to recommend you that you should go on the internet and search on the google site you will get some of the information regarding this topic or you will get the videos regarding this topic because when I saw the topic I myself saw the video and in that video it was suggested nicely.