Thread: Using USB bios utility on MSI K9 Neo

Using USB bios utility on MSI K9 Neo

Hi mates, I have an MSI K9 Neo ms-7260 ver 1.0 as a motherboard on my pc and I need to revise the bios of the same. I have already downloaded the usb bootable flash function from the internet and I followed the program directions as told by my friend. As soon as I turn my program to the .rar bios file to start the process I get a message with an image on it. I don‘t understand that message and nor do I have a copy of it. I hope I get a help form here.

Re: Using USB bios utility on MSI K9 Neo

Firstly a simple thing that you need to understand before changing or upgrading the bios is that you need to be an experienced user for doing such things, a simple mistake can put your whole system at the risk for getting corrupted. So if you are an experienced user then you can give it a short ,but if you are not a experienced user and you still don ‘t know much about booting and bios then I recommend you to stay away for them.

I suggest you to use a hp drive key boot utility which is available free of charge. You can download it from there and then try to boot the bios form pen-drive. I tried this and this worked great for me. Download an appropriate version of the utility so as it won‘t give you any problem .Also check if you have an appropriate operating system to work on it. I hope this help you out. So just try it out and post back if you have any problems with it.

Did you try reimbursement the cmos in the structure; this will help you to shuffle the bios setting to the default situation. To do that turn off the computer, following that remove the power cord and depress the power button on the cpu to see that all the power from the capacitor is been discharged, now move the cmos jumper to the clear arrangement, it is done by varying the position of the jumper from one to another position, if you are using nvidia force 2, in the system then there is a special safe mode jumper that help you in getting the reset button on the cmos. Now wait for some time and then reposition the position of the jumper to the matching place again. Now refurbish the power to the constant mode again and check if the cmos is been clean or not.

There is an conservatory for the answer that you have provided my friend, after doing all this steps it is recovered that whenever the place that you have done all this thing you ought to go into the bios and check for the clear ram value in that once you have enabled the value of the clear nvram then you should start over the computer to see the effect of the newly customized value of the bios, most of the people do not do this and they go ahead with the exceeding solution that is been provided, no doubt it is the correct answer that is been provided but at some scrupulous time the bios tend to provide some strange problem for the identical problem , so just do this and see what is happening.

Hey, I solved my problem by calling a hardware technician, Some of your suggestion did worked but I did not want to take anymore risk hence I called him up for support .but I really appreciate for all you replies , tip, and support, I could not gain such a huge amount of knowledge by myself . Well I whole heartily thank you all.