Thread: Is it OCZ Revodrive 120GB SSD incompatible with Big Bang XPower?

Is it OCZ Revodrive 120GB SSD incompatible with Big Bang XPower?

Hello friend, recently I bought an OCZ Revodrive 120gb SSD and I want to install it on the MSI Big Bang XPower motherboard. I haven’t brief knowledge about it but I need to put this PCI card on the motherboard. I listen that this card is incompatible with the motherboard. I know that this kind fo process need some special task and if anyone have knowledge about it then please share your own thoughts. Any help will be appreciates.

Re: Is it OCZ Revodrive 120GB SSD incompatible with Big Bang XPower?

Hey dude, why not the PCI card is incompatible with the motherboard. This PCI card needs the PCI-E Interface. This type of interface is present over the motherboard. If there is nothing problem n this motherbopard expansion slot then you needs to put this card on that available slot. You can easily od this task on them obo. Then use the available slot of the mobo and it will be help to put the pci card on this mobo. As per my knowledge there is nothing wrong happen in this interface.

As per my knowledge the OCZ Revodrive 120GB SSD PCI card has to be necessary the PCI-E interface to interface with the motherboard. The MSI Big Bang XPower motherboard has to be contains the PCI-Ex16, PCI-E Gen and PCI-E1. I haven’t brief knowledge about this slot but the PCI card need the PCI-E4 expansion slot. Then I suggest you to check the expansion slot of this motherboard will be able to plug-in with the PCI graphics card or not. This will be helps to solve this compatibility problem.

I also faced the same kind of trouble in my system. I have used this MSI motherboard and that time it will be creates the compatibility issue. Then I changed the PCI-E slot. Then after doing this immediately I do the BIOS update operations. This will be most effective to solve this trouble. Then as per my experience you need to check the available PCI slot of the system and then try to insert this card onto that slot. This will be helps you to solve the trouble.

Last one month I used this PCI card over the same motherboard and I haven’t found any kind of wrong in this system. I used the expert advice to do this task. Then I try to insert this PCI card on the motherboard. This will be help to solve my compatibility problem. I suggest you to choose any available PCI slot of the motherboard and then try to install the PCI card onto that slot. This will be helps to solve this trouble.

Before doing any risky operations I suggest you to read the user guide manual of the motherboard and the PCI card. This will be helps you to solve the trouble. Then first find the manual of the motherboard. Then read the appropriate section of this manual. This will be helps you to understand the compatibility of the PCI card. If the card found into that manual support list then installs that card otherwise use another card.

Hey, I suggest you to don’t do that risky operation. If you have not confirm about the motherboard is support the PCI card or not, then you need to use the default supported PCI card into this motherboard. This will be the best way as per my thinking. Most of the people do this unsupported card installation on the mobo. They will be successful into that task but later on the card create some problem. Then I suggest use the compatible card into this mobo.