Thread: Getting the BSOD code x0124 due to K9ND speedster motherboard

Getting the BSOD code x0124 due to K9ND speedster motherboard

Hi, I have a K9ND speedster motherboard, don’t know exactly because of that only or due to some another issue I am getting the BSOD with the code x0124. By reading these forums, I get little bit idea about this, like this is related to some hardware only, but that is what I am not getting, that really this is because of my motherboard, even after purchasing a new north bridge cooler I am getting this problem. See my configuration includes two quad core opteron 8354 processors, 12g ECC-registered hynix ram, and a thermaltake PSU, please help me with this. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Getting the BSOD code x0124 due to K9ND speedster motherboard

That’s good that you are part of these forums, and you examine the forums correctly, and don’t bother much about the hardware, because this kind of BSOD occurs through so many ways, as this could have too many reason, that causes the same problem. Thus I would suggest you that first of all make sure that due to what you are getting this error. After getting that you’ll have so many solution to that problem.

I want to ask you that, is your windows running properly and in between suddenly you got some error, or form the beginning you are getting this, because if this happens in between than for the first time you can try to reinstall the new windows first, because it is not every time the hardware fault, some software fault, I mean to say the corrupted files or the missing files, also causes the same problem.

Hey I would suggest you that you should test your each and every hardware before you start the PC, because if you continue with the same problem, then it might be possible that you progressively down the condition, that you have right now. Thus first check all that hardware, so you’ll at least come to know the actual problem, then you’ll have many such option for buying the new one or replacing the current one, depends on you.

yeah I also heard the same, and because of that I have decided that I am going to test all the hardware I have, and before that I am trying to install the new windows, may be this would fix the problem, then I will try to test all my hardware, If suppose I get some error in the hardware itself, the what shall I do next, I mean to say do I need to buy the new one or repair the one I have? Would it be worthy?

see I think as you have mentioned about t he BSOD with the code x0124, this seems you don’t have any hardware fault rather you are having the issues due to the drivers only. But I am still little bit unsure about this, though my recommendation would be to reinstall the driver first, including all, such as audio driver, video driver and the mainly the BIOS. You can download the latest bios for your motherboard.

If suppose you get some problem in the hardware, then as you have mentioned that you are planning to repair it, I would this is not worthy at all, because even after repairing you’ll not get any such guarantee that the problem would not occur later, thus I would suggest you that you should try to replaced those hardware from their respective companies as if you are having any warranty period remaining, you’ll get it replaced for sure, otherwise, off course you buy the new also.