Thread: Need to update AMI from 1.3 to 1.6

Need to update AMI from 1.3 to 1.6

"I can skip 2 and go straight from 1.3 to latest 1.6? Can anyone tell me where to get a list of fixes - or whether changes to call it - the AMI BIOS releases? This is in response to repetitive BSOD since last October, when I put this machine mutually. Marvell driver is apparently causing problems, but no solution that can find their "update driver" and "update the BIOS." Is it rational or to spend some shots and directly upgrade to the latest version?

Re: Need to update AMI from 1.3 to 1.6

You're absolutely right! Use the latest version V1.6. Apart from what plans to change the records, I've never found a way to hear these either. If you did not, however, more MSI Technical Support receives input on these issues, the better chance of getting it fixed in future versions of BIOS, or can put some pressure on the component manufacturer to reach better driver. You can try this and see.

You can run this using the update utility Forum - I read the thread a couple of times, but just want to make sure I have the correct procedure. Also you can download the tool useful and is also the version of the installer - my USB stick is FAT 32 - and I downloaded the official 1.6 of MSI BIOS. Therefore, insert the USB drive, run the installer and when prompted, select the file. Zip (.rar or whatever) file to update the BIOS? Well, you can try it.

But I thought I read not specifically to unzip the zip file MSI - In any case, I know that is the problem? It will not fry the board if it is supposed to decompress and not? Depends on the file or the motherboard used. Oh and one more thing - so no need to copy the zip file to the USB key. Seems a bit odd that, but it is like reading the instructions. I can put in an empty USB key, and as usual it is formatted in FAT or FAT32 utility will work.

Everything was fine with the tool - is the window that says "boot from a USB flash drive" - press F11, select the drive on the left, just keeps booting Windows. I even went and changed the boot order. If all things legacy USB is enabled, BIOS protection disabled. Well, if the problem persists with this too, I guess that are not configured correctly? Maybe I'll try the HP tool is in the form guide and try again.

Save the files on the flash drive to hold, clear that data. When Flash tool forum begins, select "Edit my USB key and try again. I always put on a USB memory empty and reset the warning 10 seconds, enter the BIOS and select only the USB drive as a unit boot. After the flash, pull the USB drive and restart the BIOS to boot normally, Save and exit, shutdown. Throw the PSU power cable, CMOS, again, all done.

Pull the USB memory; reset the boot order by default optimized, other settings as desired, disable Spread Spectrum and PUE 2013. Go ahead and let it start after everything in Windows and see how. You can always turn off and reset CMOS if necessary, and set all the BIOS settings again. That's normal. Turn off, unplug the power cable, CMOS, reboot, restore the BIOS, you will be fine.