Thread: MSI K8T NEO onboard sound not working

MSI K8T NEO onboard sound not working

I noticed a strange issue when I was performing deep cleaning of the speakers but after that the on board sound was not working. I don’t know the exact reason for such issue. Speakers were not working whenever I inserted any USB sound device in the slots. I executed all the different methods that I knew but it was not successful to solve the issue. The motherboard that is included in my PC is K8T NEO. Is anyone aware about such issues? If yes then please help me to solve that issue.

re: MSI K8T NEO onboard sound not working

The issue that you have posted is related to hardware. Frankly speaking I possess only a part of information related to hardware but still I will try to share all the possible information that can help you to solve the issue. I think this issue is somehow related to sound card. According to me you should buy a sound card for your system. Sound card will indisputably fix up the issue. Try this solution and do inform me about the consequences.

Such issues normally occur when there is some errors in your system or to be more precise in your motherboard. I just know only one solution that I can suggest to get rid form such issues. You only require cleaning the CPU/GPU-fan/ribs and Power supply unit. These are the only things that need to be cleaned. As per my knowledge USB sound has nothing to do with onboard sound. I suppose that the front wiring on the motherboard has problems or something else. You need to verify the wires with the help multi-meter.

I think you haven’t maintained your PC well that can be the reason you are facing such errors. I also had such issues in the past but at that time I remounted the fan. I just kept the rear cables connected. After that I only plugged the headphones in front panel. During the maintenance job I almost disconnected one of the cables and it worked out. The issue related to sound board was solved. This solution was successful to overcome my issue and I would prefer you to try this out on your system.

Merely just the rear cable connected, Sub and center cables are fine along with the rear. The 'Jack' front center was without sound. I know that it is normal for all powered speaker. To be more precise about the question that I want to clarify is as specified. Is it possible that the jack can be grummed up with fur in order to prevent a complete connection? I also tried to clear all the connection but it was of no use. Hence all the connections are accurate according to me but I am unable to solve the issue. Is there any other solution that you know? If yes then please let me know about it.

Re: MSI K8T NEO onboard sound not working

One of my colleague was facing this issue at that time he pulled the font panel connection and jumpered the pins as needed. He also noticed that all the channels were working fine. But still the issue was not solved. He didn’t even to trouble shoot to overcome the issue. Now he has decided to use the USB audio device only for gaming whenever needed. This way he has tried to get rid from that issue. I also think that this is the only option left for you.