Thread: MSI Z68MA-ED55 B3 motherboard not giving display from DVI and HDMI ports

MSI Z68MA-ED55 B3 motherboard not giving display from DVI and HDMI ports

I am having MSI Z68MA-ED55 B3 motherboard. I am having problem with the DVI and HDNI port of this board. Whenever I plug the monitor through this port then I don’t get display. I have observed that monitor goes blank and doesn’t show anything. So I would like to know if anyone here has got this type of problem so that I can get help from the same. So please provide me the solution for the same so that I could know the exact problem.

Re: MSI Z68MA-ED55 B3 motherboard not giving display from DVI and HDMI ports

Well if you are not getting display from DVI port or HDMI port then you should try to see whether you are able to get the display from VGA port. By default all the motherboard have VGA port so that if any such display problem is there then they could plug the cable to VGA port of the board. So you do the same, monitor also have the VGA port so you would probably get the display using this port and could use the system as needed.

When you try to connect the cables to these ports of motherboard and as you are not able to get the display, so for that you need to check theses cables. If the cables are faulty then they would not be able to transfer any data or signal and hence the monitor doesn’t show anything. After verifying the cables just clear the CMOS, or change the battery which you would found in motherboard. After this just try to boot the computer and verify that now are you able to get the display.

You could try the above solution, it would work. If you need the display to work with DVI or HDMI port then you must be plugging the cable to the ports available on the motherboard. So here if you have graphic card with such ports then you should try to plug the cable to these port of graphic card. So just check whether you get the display using graphic card. If you get then the ports on board have stopped functioning so you need to repair the same in order to get it worked.

You should check that whether you are able to get the display using different monitor. If you are able to arrange some another monitor then it would help you know whether the problem is actually with monitor, your board or just cables. If different monitor shows you display then definitely the problem is with your board and if doesn’t shows you anything then the problem might be with your monitor or cables or use some another cables.