Thread: Computer lagging due to High CPU Usage

Computer lagging due to High CPU Usage

I am using Dell Vostro 1520 which is running on windows 7 64-bit Operating System. And I have Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6670 of 2.20GHz; also having a 4 GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS Video Card. The problem that I m facing is that whenever I watch something n a full screen or when I play a game the computer lags. i.e., whenever I watch anything in a full screen mode like when I watch movie, the sound will proceed as usual but the video will slow down for 4-5 seconds, then speeds up itself to come back to normal. I have tried turning of all my processes other than Microsoft Services, also changed my page size to 250-1000MB. Also cleaned all temporary files using CCleaner. It’s my new computer which I brought few months back. Also my CPU is fluctuating.

Re: Computer lagging due to High CPU Usage

Computers does not lag without any reasons, there may be some or the other reasons that is causing your computer to lag. It could be sometimes due to hardware problem or sometimes it may be due to adware/spyware/viruses. Or sometimes it may be if you have installed number of programs on your computer. If you are running any other unwanted programs then just press Ctrl+Alt+Del which will open the task manager, from there you could stop unwanted programs running in your system.

It might be because your computer is not fast enough to process your programs running or you might be running many programs at the back ground or it might be you RAM problem. If you don’t have sufficient amount of RAM then, try to increase the RAM of your system to simply speed up your system. If it does not work properly try using some other way by searching on net. Even if you are downloading or uploading anything it will slow down your system.

Firstly, try to clean your motherboard by using some compressed air blown into it. Then try to start your computer. If it is still giving you a problem, then try to clean your system with anti-virus to remove viruses by doing a complete system scan. As sometimes it may be due to viruses that slow down your system. After doing system scan restart your system and check whether it is working properly or not. I hope this method should work for you.