Thread: Which Power Supply need to use on my Motherboard

Which Power Supply need to use on my Motherboard

I am using windows operating system in my system. I currently have a power supply of 250watts but this is not enough for me. I want to upgrade it to 700 watts so that I can use my new graphics card gtx460. The only problem that I am facing is that, I don’t know which power supply will match with my mother board. Also help me to find out which power supply will do for me. My system configurations are below mentioned:
    I have AGP PCI IMB USB i2c/SMBus, model number is ET1850 and it only supports 1CPU.

Re: Which Power Supply need to use on my Motherboard

The fact is that any new power supply is compatible with any of the motherboard i.e., all ATX standard. Any how you cannot use the graphics card that you have mentioned above. According to the information that you have provided, your motherboard has an AGP slot for graphics card to fit in it. This one is the older technology, it is now been replaced by PCIexpress. The graphics card that you are wishing to buy comes only in PCI-e.

You don’t require a 700W PSU. But if you want you can use any PSU. And if you are wishing to buy a new PSU, then depending on your budget Corsair 500CX will b e fine for the future expansion. From your post it looks like your motherboard has just AGP and PCI slots, i.e. you don’t have a PCI-e. In such case you cannot fit your GTX460 graphics care in those slots, since all 460 models require PCI-e 2.0.

It looks like your mother board has an older technology that uses AGP. As you are wishing to buy a new graphics card of GTX460, which is not compatible with your mother board. Your graphics card requires a PCI-e slot. So there is no matter of getting a 700W PSU. If you really want to have a new graphics card then you can buy a new mother board with PCI-e. Otherwise try finding a new graphics card that your mother board supports.