Thread: Is it important to choose compatible RAM for Certain Motherboards ?

Is it important to choose compatible RAM for Certain Motherboards ?

Hi, I am thinking of building a new rig for the first time, but have some doubts regarding the parts, I mean to say Is it that necessary to test the compatibility with the other hardware while buying? I am planning to have a motherboard from the Intel, that’s DX58OG Intel X58 Express Chipset LGA1366, thus for these which RAM shall I buy, DDR2 or DDR3 would be better? I heard that the RAM is very essential part of a computer system, thus I want exact list of RAM that the boards officially supports. And some information on other hardware’s too. Thanks

Re: Is it important to choose compatible RAM for Certain Motherboards ?

Yeah this is too important factor while buying any machine or the peripheral for the machine, if you don’t check the compatibility with the one you want to have, then first of all, you’ll unable to start the machine, and even if it starts, then won’t work perfectly and will cause different problem later. Thus I would recommend you that before buying any particular hardware, I would like to recommend you that ensure that it is good compatible with other hardware's.

I would like to suggest you that you should try buy the RAM from the leading brands, like Corsair or may be from Gskill, they have the compatibility with almost each kind of motherboard, off course including yours, and as this motherboard seems X58 chipset, the I7 processor would be best, as both the motherboard and the processors that are both from the same company, thus you would not get any compatibility issue as well.

See, if you compare the two RAM’s that’s the DDR2 and DDR3, then off course DDR3 would be surely better, as you would get the maximum speed, and this the enhanced version of DDR2, so I would recommend you to have a RAM from DDR3 only, and there are too many RAM’s from the different company to choose from, and you can have the specifications of that RAM from their company’s official website, with the list of compatibility with the different motherboards.

I would say that’s good that you haven’t buy any parts yet, because my recommendation is different, according to me you should buy a motherboard from the Gigabyte, because as far as I know it is the leading brand in the market, and I also heard that the Intel board are not that much capable of handling the loads, so because of that it causes too may problem in the later stage, and there so many compatibility issues also along with that, whereas if you buy a motherboard from the GB, you’ll get too many features, that the intel doesn’t have.

Exactly, I am agree the above user, I have the one from the same fraternity, and I am having it since last 2 years with no problems. thus my recommendation would be also same, as you buy the motherboard from the GB, it will enable you to choose many other products with the wide range, and it seems that you are already confused, that will also be minimized. There are too many RAM’s in the market that will be perfectly suitable with all the new motherboard.

See whatever you have chosen, that I’d say is the best one, but you can go through the buying guide also, before buying the parts for your computer, or else you I would suggest you to consult any computer engineer, because they would give the proper recommendation for the parts you’re willing to buy, and as they are professional in the market, you’ll not get any compatibility issues, all the rates will be also reasonable, along with that you will get the many more features.