Thread: How to make correct settings for AMD Fusion E350 on Gentoo?

How to make correct settings for AMD Fusion E350 on Gentoo?

Well I have installed Gentoo on the computer of mine. I am having AMD Fusion E350 APU systems. I have noticed that there is no information regarding cFlags. It would be better if I can have better cFlags on the system of mine. Let me know if you are having specific solution to get the requirement of mine. any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to make correct settings for AMD Fusion E350 on Gentoo?

Well I think CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe" would break the system of yours. as far as I know 3dnow flag are not implemented into the Fusion E350 anymore. Also looking at the matter I am suggesting that you should try with the revdep-rebuild and let me know the output of the same. Let me know which version of Kernel do you have installed on the computer? Which version of gcc do you have installed on the computer of yours?

Looking at the requirement of yours I am suggesting that you should disable the 3dnow on the AMD Fusion. After doing the same you should use the cflag -mno-3dnow then you need to go for the -march=native. You need to figure out which flag has been enabled by using following command .
    Code:
    cc -march=native -E -v - </dev/null 2>&1 | grep cc1
    after doing the same you need to use all the cflags rather leaving -m3dnow.

In order to solve the problem which you are getting I am suggesting command which you should use to fix the matter of yours.
    Code:
    CFLAGS="-O1 -pipe -march=amdfam10 -mcx16 -mpopcnt -mmmx -msse -msse2 -mssse3 -msse4a"
    I am hoping that after executing above mentioned command you will be able to fix the matter of yours.

Let me know whether any of the above mentioned solution worked for you or not. If none of the above mentioned solution is working then I think you need to reinstall MYSQL on the system of yours. if reinstalling did not working at all then I think you need to use the another version of the MySql on the computer. Well let me know the whether there is any change in the situation after reinstalling the software on the system of yours.

I let you know that you will be able to compile GCC 4.6 from the source. Well you need to alter the prefix so that it would not overwrite the older GCC. In case it is installed into the /usr/local/bin/gcc then you need to change the complier by entering OCC and OCXX into the /etc/portage/bashrc file location to the /usr/local/bin/gcc and /usr/local/bin/g++. It seems to be overlay but according to me it would be useful to avoid over writing.