Thread: How to connect Studio XPS 9100 SATA connector to Motherboard

How to connect Studio XPS 9100 SATA connector to Motherboard

My question is very simple, I have a new secondary hard-disk for a my dell XPS 9100 with an Intel i7 processor. Now I need to connect my secondary hard-drive to it. I haven ‘t started connecting it yet , Because I am new to these kind of things and I just to be preventive by asking if there is any procedure or way through which I can connect it . I also don‘t have any idea where on motherboard to find the place where I need to connect it. I also want to know if there is any procedure related to it.

Re: How to connect Studio XPS 9100 SATA connector to Motherboard

Hiii mate , You can attach the extra SATA hard-drive cable to any available on the open SATA cable/connector on your motherboard. But remember that you need 2 6 by 32*1/4 Phillips pan head screws (which would be need to attach it to the chassis of your CPU and also check if there is a spare SATA power connector inside the case. Its is always there but in some cases it may not be there is you need to purchase that from any local dealer.

You just need to find the additional SATA power supply on the motherboard then connect your additional SATA hard-drive that you are having to the SATA power cable. The next step that you need to do is check that your additional hard-drive is recognized by the operating system you use. You can see this by going to your bios and check if it is present there and is enabled. You also need to format you’re additional hard-drive. According t o the partion that is allowed by your operating system.. hope this helps

Hey, Mate I have checked Dell official website for this and I have concluded that it has connection setting and step of replacing a Hard-drive. It does not have a manual for adding an additional hard-drive to your CPU chassis. And the manual that are available on the internet are very poorly scripted, which marked it even more difficult to understand it . I am very sorry for that , and I really feel bad for your problem .May be you should find a local Hardware technician to fix your problem .

You can always check the manual copy of dell that you should have got when you purchased it new , It ‘s a hard-copy which is specially designed only the system that you have purchased so just open it and check the index to see if it is able to solve your problem . I have similar problem with my dell vostro. So I also like you scanned whole internet searching for a good manual so that I can add an additional hard-drive to it, but I did not found one. So here is it.

I had a similar problem, which was later solved by the hardware technician whom I called for support. But I still could not get its working correct. I mean how it works via Seagate utility disk that came with the drive. The disk manager is useless as the bios setting only had the option for disabling or auto selecting the new hard-drive. I have a Seagate 1tb/32 mb cache and 7200 rpm hard-drive and it did not come with a SATA cable and jumpers. Well the above procedure did helped me but can someone please tell me it working.

Thanks friend for answering my question I never thought that this would be that fast. With your direct ion’s I figured out the problem, however that does not count that it took me somewhere around 1 hour to figure that problem out. But now to seem to be working completely fine and I have already using it as my back –up drive. Well thanks again for the help. I really appreciate you guys for that.