Thread: Should I use Water cooling system for Core i7 950

Should I use Water cooling system for Core i7 950

I am just planning to have a better system configuration for my system so for this I am just thinking of purchasing Intel Core i7 950 processor along with the Asus Rampage III motherboard as it would be within my budget. What I want to ask is that if suppose I plan to overclock my processor then would I get any problem as it might require additional cooling system. So should I go for water cooling system or the processor would be just satisfied with the standard heat sink as well with the fans that are provided by default with the motherboard.

Re: Should I use Water cooling system for Core i7 950

Well the processor is quite nice and it would run well if it is normal. But as if you plan to overclock then better would be that you switch to the different cooling fan. So that it would keep your system cool s well as execute more processes. Well if you are looking to go for the water cooling then let me tell you that it is temporary process and it will not benefit you much. I advise you to have a better cooling fan because it will try to lower the temperature of your system at extreme state.

I have looked for the cooling water system and found that it uses some liquid in order to cool out the system. I am using this cooling substance from quite long and it really helps in maintaining the temperature of the system, if the system executes more number of processes. This cooling material uses water to cool the system in order to move heat from the CPU to the radiator, which cools the water, thus finally, cools the entire case and all this cooling action is performed only by copper and aluminum radiators.

Yes according to me you should go for a better cooling system, may be water cooling sytem as you are planning to overclock your new processor. Doing overclocking you would obtain tremendous performance and thus requires a nice cooling to lessen the heat generated by running more processes. So search for some cooling system, which you can afford as well as look for the mechanism on how to apply for your system and then use the same.

Well if you use Koolance cooling system then it would be best as even I am using the same. It is a pioneer from all the cooling liquid substance. It could be used with your system as well as for your processor. Similarly you could also go for Waterchill Asetek asd it is somewhat around the range and if you go for this cooling substance then it would cool down all the devices in your case such as chipset motherboard, graphics card and hard drives.

Probably I think that the maximum overclocking that you would be able to do with this processor is 4 GHz. So if you overclock but do not run multiple processes simultaneously then this would do even without cooling system. But doing overclocking means you definitely want your processor to give you more so you should definitely have a water cooling system as it provides much better temperature control than normal air cooling.

If you go for some water cooling substance and if it is not good then it may cause damage to your system. I guess you should make a note here that having water cooling means that you are having water next to your electronics and if suppose this leak then it would probably cause your computer to fry. So better to go with higher air cooling rather than this one as I have found this happening on my friend’s PC, it performs well in beginning but damages thereafter.