Thread: ASRock E350 motherboard for Low Power HTPC

ASRock E350 motherboard for Low Power HTPC

I have placed an order of ASRock E350M1 AMD Zacate E350 from the newegg. My intention is to build a system which is compatible to work as Home theatre system. It appears like an ideal motherboard /processor intended for home theatre. I'm receiving it in combination through a 4U rackmount case, which I will utilize for a dissimilar server. It would be ridiculous to place that motherboard within that case. It has almost seven fans.

Re: ASRock E350 motherboard for Low Power HTPC

This motherboard is extremely reasonably priced and up to now dependable. The E350 APU has had no issues by way of 1080mkv's otherwise whichever additional media tasks I’ve specified it, and can still multitask, all-purpose tasks devoid of choking. Approximately each and every one the connections that would require in support of an HTPC, with large numbers of USB ports. The fan lying on motherboard is perceptible at extremely close assortment except is completely satisfactory for HTPC. Perfect transmit of video as well as audio toward my Onkyo 7.1 receiver.

I have been searching meant for a HTPC front end with short power for a time currently. Nvidia solutions were the barely respond to maintain the CPU temperature and power necessities to a smallest amount since streaming flash video is such a dominate. The Zacate/Hudson depended motherboards have got whichever Atom/Ion beat for together performance and power exercise, not positive there is a obvious dissimilarity in temperature among the 510 Atom (don't hold a 525) and the E350. Same PSU offers an Atom 510 devoid of Ion a 3 watt benefit; Atom510/ION utilizes 6 watts in excess of this E350. NO issues by way of the HDMI video.

Build superiority is excellent except as a number of have mentioned it may perhaps be a slight enhanced; ASROCK is demanding to approach in at a somewhat lesser price-point. For HD video, the processing authority is sufficient, except not with an enormous edge for error. You should have the correct drivers installed and allow hardware speeding up such like it is intended for ATI. This is not a responsibility of the motherboard.

The merely problem I have by the motherboard is the VGA d-sub connector. It is leave from the mother board quite high, and for a number of reasons, is a slight rigid to connect. Not certain why that is, except with the intention of press on the VGA connector in distant enough to obtain the screws to clutch (and the pins to create contact with) it flexes a speck further than I'd like to notice. I'm thinking of altering my case a slight with the purpose of put in a few supports at the back it. I've attempted utilizing the DVI connector through a DVI to VGA adapter, except I consider it is DVI-D, which cannot be modified straightforwardly to VGA. If you sketch on utilizing DVI otherwise HDMI, not any of this will yet be a concern.