Thread: Unable to upgrade Dell Dimension B110 CPU

Unable to upgrade Dell Dimension B110 CPU

Hi, last one year I used Dell B110 and now I want to upgrade the CPU present in the system. This system contains Intel Pentium 4 800MHz FSB processor with 0WF887 motherboard. I just bought a SL6WK CPU and its configuration is 3 GHz 800 MHz FSB. I try to put this CPU in the system it can’t work. Even the previous processor is work fine but not the new. If anyone having information about it then please share your own opinion.

Re: Unable to upgrade Dell Dimension B110 CPU

Hey dude, before inserting the new CPU in the motherboard there is necessary to update the bios of the system. Then you need to check the Dell downloads section of the official site. If the compatible updated version of the BIOS is present into that site then you need to download this into the system. After that you need install this on the system. There is necessary to perform the update BIOS operations in the system before inserting new CPU. It helps to insert the new CPU into the system.

Yep, you need to upgrade the BIOS of the system before inserting the new CPU on the system. This will be helps to establish the new environment onto the system. Then upgrade the BIOS of the system on the previous CPU. This will update the motherboard BIOS and you might be see that result after inserting new CPU on the system. The latest version A01 BIOS is also compatible with your selected SL6WK CPU. Then download and install these updated BIOS on the system. It really works.

Hi friend, I also faced the same trouble and I try the same kind of process in the system. Initially BIOS version A01 is present my Dell Dimension B110. I think that the latest version is also same that is A01. I suddenly check the problem and it will not be solved. Then I read the article on the dell site and they mention that the previous version and the current version of BIOS A01 are very different. Then I done the update BIOS task and the problem am solved.

I suggest you to check the specifications of the CPU and also check the other specifications of the motherboard. I think the problem is present into that and you definitely find out the correct solutions. See, there is so many way to solve the trouble but the main think is when the specification of the motherboard and the CPU are to be different then how should you establish the communications between this processor and the mobo. In this case, I suggest using other CPU which is compatible with mobo and then insert into the system.