Thread: Acer T180 desktop PC needs CPU Upgrade

Acer T180 desktop PC needs CPU Upgrade

My friend has given me an Acer T180 computer. By looking at this I have realized that it is a pretty old computer except I saw possible in it, therefore I have purchased a small number of bits as well as pieces intended for it. Final thing I required to put in to it was a dual core microprocessor. For that purpose I have ordered an AMD x2 5200. I have installed it in motherboard and upgraded the BIOS, presently on r01-c0 and did the entire thing to make it working but it didn’t. Then I have bought the AMD x2 5200 processor but the results are the same. Which CPU suits best for this motherboard?

Re: Acer T180 desktop PC needs CPU Upgrade

I think that you should take look at the online shop you are purchasing from those processors will list the OPN Tray number similar to: ADA6000IAA6CZ. And a number of shops will describe it 'Manufacturers code', otherwise Product Number. If you purchase OEM edition of the processor, in that case you will have to get in touch with the store for them to provide you that number. While you encompass the number, confirm it in that list on AMD official website. If you can discover that number within the list, you can attempt purchasing the CPU.

As you have already told that it is a very old computer then I can assume that it also has old motherboard. In order to run the dual core processor you motherboard must support the compatible CPU socket and BIOS version. Furthermore you need to get the help from motherboard’s manufacturer website to get the supported CPU list. Now you can find those cpu’s by the use of AMD Desktop Comparison Chart. That list holds CPUs, which must be supported through that motherboard.

Before buying the processor you need to confirm that whether that chosen processor is completely compatible with the motherboard or not. Sometime it may be compatible but may not work due to lacking in some things. You may perhaps attempt resetting the bios by the use of the clear cmos jumper lying on the motherboard and notice if that does it, except I’m assuming the bios update you are utilizing doesn’t support that processor, the board might not support it simultaneously. You would have to make sure with the maker.

I have attempted pulling away the CMOS battery, I have attempted exchange the CMOS jumper reverse and onward at the same time as plugging inside the a variety of processors, I guess it worked like it came up with a number of error concerning CPU voltages and having to toggle toward default settings. However this may work sometime but not for all the motherboards. Simply the BIOS upgrade is not possible for you. You need to manually put the voltage and some other values regarding that new processor.