Thread: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T computer shows BSOD with Gigabyte motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T computer shows BSOD with Gigabyte motherboard

I have purchased the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T with gigabyte 890fx UD5 motherboard along with and 4gb ripjaws. After assembling together I run it for only one day. After I assumed to take a 15 min break and wile return I saw that the computer went to black screen and cannot be shut down even from the power button or the restart button. I then disconnected the power from PSU. Then powered up again and it turned on. What could be the issue? Is it about the motherboard or the CPU? As I already told it is new system so there is no virus or no program installed yet.

Re: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T computer shows BSOD with Gigabyte motherboard

I got a sentiment your phenom is only operational on one otherwise two cores maybe and you might furthermore not have the proper motherboard bios update edition for phenom. I believe this may possibly be marisa's issue too. What you need to do right now is just Clear cmos and attempt to search out in bios and there set in motion each and every one of the CPU cores inside bios " CPU Configurations " . Now open your motherboard site and verify for the most up-to-date motherboard bios that supports phenom. I don't believe you have hardware breakdown.

Meant for years Gigabyte was the mount in my stables for PC builds in that particularly for elevated end builds. However during the previous few years their superiority and modernism have been extremely lacking. Two years before I moved toward ASUS intended for motherboards, they have immense superiority, along with customer support, except I have observed that in favor of the previous 4 generation of FX boards they have had the identical PCB outline. My newest shift was toward MSI, superiority is huge, BIOS overclocking is unmatched. Pushing a Phenom II is tough to accomplish and I imagine would pressure the buzz out of whichever motherboard.

To the extent that your motherboard is concerned, to me it looks like a VRM problem on the motherboard. There is one probable object that you might attempt. Back during the day Gigabyte motherboards were actually trouble-free to short out. Thus simple actually that I had to make use of felt washers among the screws/motherboard, plus motherboard/stand-offs. The best ever method to check this is to bench test it. This is fundamentally taking out each and every one of the peripherals from the case and considering if it will awaken that approach. If it does in that case you recognize for certain that there is a short stuck between the motherboard plus the case. If not then it may be a CPU circuit in your case.

If it's a program which is causing BSOD and you may obtain an error inside the Application Log inside the Event Viewer. Verify there intended for errors otherwise warnings approximately the moment of the crash. Furthermore if it turns out not to be program or OS associated, attempt running through simply I single RAM stick at a time. The fresh gigabyte architectures frequently need a small additional juice inside DRAM and/or QPI/Vtt to obtain 4GB running - I don't be acquainted with if AMD has comparable settings/necessities.

First of all open the Gigabyte website and go to your motherboard model and there ensure your edition of BIOS. Notice if there are whichever issues you are getting that are resolved by an afterward edition. I do not frequently suggest flashing the BIOS for the reason that there is a hazard concerned. If there is trouble tackled via BIOS that applies to your PC, think flashing BIOS toward the most up-to-date version. If you decide to carry out this, flash the BIOS outer surface of Windows.