Thread: unable to rebuilt SB700 RAID

unable to rebuilt SB700 RAID

I have a problem with my new SB 700 Raid chipset, I brought it second hand from a friend of mine, I am having a problem that my system is not detecting it. Whenever I try to connect it to the system it gives me a error saying that one of my drivers have been disconnected or failed. As I am new to this system and have no previous experience in fixing such things , I cannot solve this problem by my own . I need your expert advice on this guys ? please help

Re: unable to rebuilt SB700 RAID

Seems like you are having the infamous SB700 Raid controlled error, this is an typical error caused by the system which is in turn caused by the SB700 raid. I suggest you to first check if the SB 700 chipset given to you by your friend is working or not. There might be a previous error in it and that can be a reason on why your friend sold his chipset to you. Con firm with him if the chipset is in working condition.

I had the same problem, so i searched high and low over the internet and various forums for a solution to repair that problem. at last I founded a way to do that by using A fat built utility that you can use when you system is booting by pressing Ctrl + F and then go directly to option 5 .where you will find an option for repairing the drive. That option can only save you. Hope that help you out .

I have searched for your problem all over the internet but there seems to be no solution for it. I then found out software called AMD’s RAID Xtreme Utility .This is a utility called Raid Xtreme by AMD company , that may solve your problem . You can download that from the internet and run it to see if that fixes your problem .I have never used that software so , you are on your own for using this software .

Hey , I had the same problem with my SB600 based motherboard . I too like other searched high and low on the internet for solution but could not find any , then I called the company form where I brought my Pc . they send their mechanic to my house to fix my problem. The mechanic then went to Dos utility and then called the AHCI SB SETUP utility and voila my motherboard was up and running. May be you should try this and see if it works out for you .

Hey dude there does seem to be any proper solution available on the internet for this. I am an hardware technician and I suggest you to create a raid 1 array with 2 disk. And then check if the disk appears if it does then your problem is solved if not then read further .create RAID 5 array with 3 disks and the just simply plug a disk data cable into .Then it will pop out a message which will tell you that your raid 5 is Critical and you cannot recover from it at BIOS level. Then just delete a single disk and RAID 5 array will appear to be a rebuilding.