Thread: The temperature rises higher while playing games on Phenom II x4 955 BE

The temperature rises higher while playing games on Phenom II x4 955 BE

I have got the AMD Phenom II X4 955 (3.2 GHz) BE processor, Kingston 2*2GB RAM, with GPU as XFX HD 5770 1GB DDR5, with gigabyte motherboard. The thing is that when I play games suppose Bad Company which is my favorite then CPU temperature reaches to 68or sometimes even to 70. While normally it is in 48. It seems that there is some kind of smell that I sense from my computer and I am using stock cooler. So in order to get more air pass to and fro I have opened my cabinet and usually nowadays I am keeping it open. So pleased tell me how to make it stable in order to get around normal temperature.

Re: The temperature rises higher while playing games on Phenom II x4 955 BE

I feel here is a problem in the cooling fan of your computer and require an improved cooling fan for AMD Phenom X4 processor 955. First check the performance of your fan. You can also check on another computer for its formation. If the problem itself will take place in this system, there is a problem in the CPU fan. So replace the existing with new cooling fan. The cooling fan keeps the temperature of the CPU. So do not start the system before changing the cooling fan.

I think the performance your AMD Phenom X4 processor 955 is not going up to the mark. So first check your AMD Phenom X4 processor 955 on another machine or equipment that is more suitable to you. As you obtain the similar problem with a different machine, then at hand here is a problem on the AMD Phenom X4 processor 955. As you have recently upgrade to it then you have a warranty for it and you can replace it within a warranty period. Call your service provider and explain your problem.

There is a possibility of moreover a problem with its cooling scheme or a CPU. If the BIOS setup runs on a bad temperature sensor then you also have to face this kind of problem. So verify your BIOS settings and if here is a problem then reset all settings and save them. You can also check the temperature of the system using software for reading the temperature. If you find any problem with it then follow the advice of expert.

Just take a look at the fan control essentials in the BIOS, which allows the CPU fan to run full blast at high temperatures? Does the heat sink locking down hard against the heat spreader of the CPU, as it should? If you remove the heat sink must be able to see if TIM has been excessive or in the beginning was a good contact with the IHS. There may be a case in which they have forgotten or neglected to remove the plastic cover on the heat sink base or a strip of paper covering the thermal compound. That will make it warm and fragrant.

Buy some arctic silver 5 or a new luxury materials thermal interface using ceramic composites. Then go to the TIM manufacturer's website and study to suggest how they should apply. Its stock cooler comes with a fat pad TIM wax probably made it difficult to break down the cooler. If you have new TIM then it would be better. Else buy some better air cooling material or other liquid H70 air cooler giving best performance.

The temperatures of the CPU and motherboard are important. It seems too TIM was applied, but I doubt that's their problem. Anyway, just needs a little. See manufacturer website TIM. Come back to the BIOS and this will give you temperature controlled fan and make sure that CPU Cool & Quiet is enabled. And it should work perfectly. Make sure you have the type of speaker connected to the motherboard so you can hear their beep signals.