Thread: Should I choose AMD Phenom II x2 565 Black Edition or Phenom II x4 840 processor

Should I choose AMD Phenom II x2 565 Black Edition or Phenom II x4 840 processor

I have a gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 motherboard and I guess this motherboard would be compatible with both of these above mentioned processors. I don’t know which one should I choose; if I choose any then will there be much of a variation in performance? I don’t know how to over clock but would definitely like to attempt that. My most important applications are Light room 3, Photoshop CS4 and a few simple video editing. So help me out in selecting the best one for my motherboard.

Re: Should I choose AMD Phenom II x2 565 Black Edition or Phenom II x4 840 processor

It is always better to take some tips or advice regarding the hardware devices. It does affect the performance of the computer if you select any other processor which is not able to perform more tasks as you needed. I have gone through the Gigabyte website and I found that your motherboard doesn’t have support for the Phenom II x4 840. I also observed the Phenom II x2 565 black edition. So that means you will have to go for another compatible processors. According to me the best one for your motherboard would be Phenom II 555 black edition or Athlon II x4 640.

Re: Should I choose AMD Phenom II x2 565 Black Edition or Phenom II x4 840 processor

The application Light room makes use of the added cores if suppose you are transferring a cluster of large old RAW files, and extra cores will be of superior advantage when encoding video. Then Photoshop would perform better with the Phenom II 555 black edition at 3.8GHz or so despite the fact that definite plug-ins and filters be able to use additional 2 cores. Since you illustrate your video as easy I suggest for the Phenom II 555 black edition as it would perform according to the task you want.

As you would know that all new games that are releasing needs a quad core processor, so that you could get more out of it. Here the applications you pointed out moreover support multiple cores. So get the quad core and as mentioned above of Phenom II x2 555BE I also recommend the same because the applications would be a best fit with this processor and also you would experience better with the same. It is 80w and will obtain a fine over clocking over the Athlon II processor.

I have found that the new Phenom series processors of AMD are immense for gaming as well as for heavy weight applications. The fact is that the previous games don't access more than two cores anyway, so a dual core would be fine for gaming, but in your case the applications that you want to run needs quad processors so better go for Phenom 555BE. Then again, I suspect some of them would actually confuse you up between these processors and anyhow would recommend the Athlon II but for the best you should go for Phenom as it would suit the environment for which you sure working.

The processor AMD II X4 640 is well again as it has 4 cores and also good for multitasking and for several other tasks. But the Phenom II X2 565 Black Edition is good for gaming as not many games as well as for your mentioned applications. It is correctly said that it would utilize more than 2 cores, as well as you would like to over clock this processor so that you could get a more better performance as well as the system would not get freeze if you run both of these applications simultaneously.

In my opinion I am not the over clocking type and I have not tried it with my processor. At the present time over clocking might be a dependable fixation to do but it does need some additional investment resembling understanding, a dedicated cooler and superior hardware monitoring. If you don't want to spend time as well as money in safely over clocking so go for Athlon, or if you would be able to over clock then it would be better to go with Phenom because the additional core gives added multitasking control making the system in general more competent flexible.