Thread: ASRock x58 Extreme motherboard causing Windows sleep mode

ASRock x58 Extreme motherboard causing Windows sleep mode

Recently I have installed the ASRock x58 Extreme motherboard for my computer and after configuring all the peripherals to that motherboard, I switch on the system. Then I have installed windows operating system in my new HDD which I purchased along with the motherboard. Now the system can boot normally and shows the desktop properly. However everything is working fine except the Windows sleep mode. I tried different setting present in Windows and in Bios but none of them helped at all.

Re: ASRock x58 Extreme motherboard causing Windows sleep mode

You have said that you have freshly installed the new motherboard as well as hard disk to your computer. So it seems to me that there could be some kind of hardware or driver compatibility issue in your system. What operating system you have installed in your computer? Make sure that you have also installed the compatible driver for Windows 7. Furthermore check the power setting of your system and also the system motherboard’s configuration like RAM, CPU, power connectors, HDD connection etc. There is a new service pack available for Windows 7 which you can try.

To fix your trouble, begin by ensuring that you have the majority present drivers intended for each and every one of your hardware devices (particularly the driver intended for your graphics card). To get the newest drivers designed for Windows 7, you can make use of Windows Update, otherwise you can verify your hardware tool maker's Web site. If this didn’t gonna help you then I think that the problem might have been occurred during the Windows installation process. If you can get the Windows OS disk then use the Windows repair utility to correct it.

This issue usually happens while the Disk Cleanup Tool or program disables the hibernation file. The hibernation file has to be enabled in order to right of entry the hybrid sleep characteristic and the hibernation mark within windows OS. While the hibernation file is turned off, and the hybrid sleep attribute is allowed, a backup of unlock programs as well as unlock files will not be stored to the hard disk while you make use of the sleep aspect in Windows. Furthermore, if the PC loses power whilst the Windows is into sleep mode, open programs as well as open files cannot be recovered, and whichever unsaved process will be vanished.

Usually, Sleep is the barely selection, and Hibernate is not obtainable to desktops. The trouble seems to be caused as a result of the Hybrid Sleep option (this merely sets the PC toward sleep, except saves a hibernate file inside case of a power failure). To correct it:
    • Open the Power Options by start menu> Control Panel > power options
    • Choose any Power Plan you make use of, and choose Change Plan Settings
    • Ensure that the Sleep preference is set to never, afterward click on top of Change Advanced Power Settings
    • Roll downward in the direction of the Sleep options, and modify "Allow hybrid sleep" toward OFF
    • Choose OK, and afterward Save Changes. You are done now.

If you have installed the Windows 7 then it is obviously be the part of Windows 7 and part driver problem (Windows Vista drivers re-certified like PC that utilizes Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit) sleeps very well within S1 as well as S3 state akin to my Laptop Gateway. Therefore it actually depends, I suggest you would like for an update patch otherwise vendor updated Windows 7 drivers following you allow them recognize of the circumstances.

I think that your computer can go to sleep mode but not coming back of sleep. In order to resolve this issue go to the following procedure and it may gonna help you.
    • Disconnect whichever and all needless components or units from your computer. Take out all the external thing which is not necessary for a system right now and then reboot.
    • Now go to the BIOS and there for the hang ACPI options and attempt to toggle modes in the middle of "S1 plus S3", "S3" and so on.
    • Make sure "Allow this device to wake computer" is marked in inside the "Device Manager/$device$/ Properties/Power Management", wherever $device$ stands in support of keyboard as well as mouse.
    • Disable the Hybrid sleep,
    • The hibernation file is occasionally disabled via disk cleaning, to bring back put "powercfg -h on" in command like whilst you login as administrator.