Thread: Will AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor run on Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3?

Will AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor run on Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3?

I recently got the gigabyte motherboard having model no. GA-M55S-S3 and along with it I am using AMD X2 4800 processor. I am planning to buy the AMD quad core processor probably AMD Athlon II X$ 630 but before I buy I have one query about compatibility that do gigabyte motherboard supports the AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor. It would be nice to take someone’s advice before buying the processor as if it is not compatible than I would not be able to use it and would lead to a waste.

Re: Will AMD Athlon II X4 630 processor run on Gigabyte GA-M55S-S3?

You said absolutely true that we should verify the device and everything related to it as we are paying for it and if we found after buying that it is not supported or incompatible than it feels very annoying that it would have better if we had took some information before buying. In your case AMD processor is compatible with the motherboard model you said so no need to worry about this and buy the needed processor and enjoy the quad core performance.

You can verify about the query which you have that is your mentioned processor would work on the motherboard you have from the Gigabyte website and then navigate to the model no. of your motherboard. In that section you will find the CPU support list and there you could see your processor model name or number in that list. You can be confident about that information as gigabyte have tested it and then only displayed that information.

The answers given were absolutely right and I also agree that the information that you see on the official website are true and so you can trust them. But the important thing that I want to tell you that these processors would work on the motherboard only if you perform the BIOS update. So as you have your motherboard running on the computer, so verify the BIOS version of your motherboard and then update it accordingly from gigabyte website.

I found that the current update of BIOS for your motherboard is FJI, so you need to update it to that version in order to get your new processor work. This is mandatory because when you update the BIOS then only it would recognize your processor and then you would be able to use our processor. The BIOS needs keeps all the instructions about each and every hardware device that is connected to your computer so this BIOS update would make your computer to detect every new hardware on your computer.

As you are deciding to purchase AMD quad core processor then you can also find the information that you need about the processor from AMD website also. Here AMD also list out the supported motherboards for their processors. You could even confirm this information from local Hardware dealer as they are updated with latest technologies so they would help you know about the same more in detail or better contact gigabyte and ask them about the query they would also help you to get this information.