Thread: ASRock p67 Extreme4 vs. Extreme6

ASRock p67 Extreme4 vs. Extreme6

I cannot really seem to notice the difference between them at all other than the number of SATA ports. I observe the 4 has an 8 segment power design and the 6 has 16, however what is the dissimilarity? I overclock if that matters here. I believe that fate is great, but what are the real benefits? Does anyone know the difference between these two boards? I attempt to view the advantages and disadvantages among this two motherboard but unable to find any information. Please share your views on this thank you.

Re: ASRock p67 Extreme4 vs. Extreme6

If you're talking p67 Extreme4 then-board power and reset buttons are a useful addition, for example, as it will make it easy for you to check that every latest component are working properly before installing them in their case. Equally useful is the error code reading POST, which will help you diagnose what is wrong with your PC if it does not start. It is also useful USB 3 pack junction box, which occupies a bay 3.5-inch drive parts and connects to the motherboard USB 3 header plate.

Fatal1ty od IDE port. Extreme4 works extremely well and I observe no point to spend additional dollars on top models. Note that it is the most mature EX4 UEFI due to the support of many users. I am also at the end of 4 and 6. Apart from the odds and ends that cleanser listed as dissimilarity, is there actually whichever reason to believe one over the other. Currently there is simply a dissimilarity of $ 45 among 4 and 6. What you think?

The P67 Extreme4 is as well the simply P67 motherboards we've perceive so far that supports 3-way CrossfireX, similar to the entire its size-16x PCI-E are CrossfireX certified. If, for some odd reason, decides to run with this setting, then be aware that the last slot only provide PCI-E four lanes instead of eight lanes of the other two slots will receive. These four lanes, not present on the CPU or, instead, are connected to an integrated PEX8608 PLX chip, so it is likely to be a degree of performance overhead that claim.

I have the P67 Extreme6 and I can say that the heatsink covers for the P67 chipset (along with the CPU) will lock the sound card is installed. However, the cover can be removed simply by pulling it, because only held on through an adhesive that allows a very tight range to install a PCIe x1 card nearest the CPU. If you install a PCIe x1 card into the central slot, the most bottom PCIex16 slot will only work at 2x (instead of 4x as advertised). Most devices back to 1x speed only. You can run two dual slot VGA cards in this forum, and include a sound card, either at 1x or 16x lower slot without any problems.

Hello, in my opinion, you can install an add-on card in the first PCIe 1x slot (closest to the CPU), but you have to remove the cap P67 chipset heatsink is held by tape. Yet after that, the spaces of tolerance for the PCIe card and heatsink fans are extremely stretched, possibly 1-2mm. It is not probable to install a Noctua NH-D14 through a card within the primary PCIe 1x slot and the heat sink is large sufficient to touch and push resting on the PCIe card.