Thread: Why all the RAM are not detecting after BIOS upgrade ?

Why all the RAM are not detecting after BIOS upgrade ?

I have 4GB Corsair RAM, actually two RAM of two GB’s, and I just added two extra RAM of another two GB’s, it works absolutely and detects 4GB. But didn’t detect the one I have attached, when I looked in the BIOS setups it says, some of the modules are not enabled. Windows shows 8 GB but only 3.99GB usable. After upgrading the latest BIOS I am having another problem too, don’t know what’s happening, can anyone have some idea how to enable it? Need advice.

Re: Why all the RAM are not detecting after BIOS upgrade ?

I think 8 GB is too much actually, I don’t think you’ll be able to use all the RAM you have inserted in the computer, because I haven’t even heard from anywhere about this much amount. There is only possibilities of having this much of RAM in the server side only, as they have different configuration for the running those RAM. I would suggest you to install only 4 GB of RAM, as this is too much according to me.

Brother you haven’t mentioned that which operating system you’re using because it also depends upon that also, if you’re using the XP then it is not possible to detect all the RAM, in fact if you’re using windows 7 then also, you have to install the 64 bit version so that you can use all the 4GB of RAM, But as I think you need to upgrade the proper BIOS for detecting 8 GB of RAM in your computer.

According to me, Whatever the BIOS you have installed is not actually compatible with the motherboard you have and because of that you’re having the problem, I would recommend you to first download the latest BIOS which compatible with your motherboard, and then try to reconnect all the RAM, and most importantly you need to have at least windows 7, otherwise whatever you do, nothing going to help you.

Ok, with the very basic thing you can simply remove the CMOS battery out of the motherboard and then try to reinsert it in it, this will reset all the cache and most probably will fix your problem too, And are you aware of the capacity of your motherboard to support the RAM, because maximum limit is of 4 BG then you won’t be able to install additional RAM, though you have remaining slots. So I would suggest you to first of check, what is the maximum limit of your motherboard.

See, there would be so many factors that affect while detecting the other RAM, first of all you must have the motherboard that support the 8GB memory, otherwise nothing will help you out this, after that the RAM what you have purchased, is it compatible with your motherboard? And if it is not then you have change those RAM first and still the problem persist you should update the existing BIOS to its next version and make sure it is also compatible.