Thread: Unable to set up RAID sets on ga-p67a-ud5 motherboard

Unable to set up RAID sets on ga-p67a-ud5 motherboard

I have high configuration PC at home. The Operating system installed in that PC is Windows 7 and the motherboard is Gigabyte - ga-p67a-ud5. There is one 640 GB hard drive and one DVD drive attached to SATA III. Everything was working fine till now. I wanted to add two pairs of 1TB drives in RAID0 but encountered a problem while doing so. I attached the two pairs of 1TB drives to the remaining SATA III, changed BIOS from IDE to RAID. After that I rebooted the PC. I went to the main BIOS m and I was able to see both RAID sets and 640 GB drive. I assigned 640 GB as primary boot device but after that the system was no longer booting. It displayed the error message “operating system not found”. Is anyone aware about this issue? If yes then please do the needful.

Re: Unable to set up RAID sets on ga-p67a-ud5 motherboard

The issue that you have posted is a bit complicated. Very few people have encountered such issues before. The information that you have posted related to your issue is incomplete. I need some more information about your issue. I wanted to know the version of motherboard that you are having in your PC. Without knowing it I won’t be able to give you the necessary advice that you need to overcome the issue. After I get the information I will surely give you my suggestions to overcome the issue.

I am very grateful to you for interacting with me to overcome my issue. I will definitely provide you the information that you need. The version of motherboard that is there in my PC is B3. This issue is annoying me a lot. The information that you needed is provided by me. Now please give me the suggestion that you think will be needed to overcome my issue. Please try to give that information as early as possible.

After I read your post I came to know about your issue. There can be several reasons for this issue. Is there any specific reason for you to use RAID0 as backup drives? This seems to be counter intuitive. Normally RAID runs faster than the primary boot device. In your case I think RAID0 is actually running faster than your 640 GB drive. This can be reason you are not able to set up RAID sets in your motherboard. Try to inform me about your exact reason if possible.

As you said that the RAID is running faster than the primary boot device it can be one of the reason because of which I am not able to set up the RAID sets on my motherboard. I wanted to set up RAID sets on my motherboard especially for video editing scratch and project drives. These are basic issues for which I require RAID sets. I don’t know why Windows is not booting up. Do you to know some other way to overcome this issue? If yes then please tell about it.

The issue that you are facing is not complicated. The method that you are using should work fine. But it is not so in your case. There can many reasons for this issue. I know another to set up RAID sets in your motherboard. You can do that in Windows via Disk Management but before that you need to change back to IDE instead of RAID in Integrated Peripherals/SATA control mode and boot the PC again. The method that you are using might me confusing things a lot. The method that I have specified is quite simple. You won’t find this complicated. Try this out and inform me about the final result.

Thanks a lot for all the responses that you gave me so far. I came to know that there is no point in using the Intel RAID management application out of the BIOS with regards to performance. There is no RAID controller going on with the Gigabyte mobo. So, there is no point of including "RAID" capability on the motherboard because it is only one to provide software based (via drivers) RAIDs to operating systems which do not intrinsically handle RAID.