Thread: Got BSOD while installing windows 7 on P55-USB3 motherboard

Got BSOD while installing windows 7 on P55-USB3 motherboard

I am having computer with Gigabyte P55-USB3 motherboard ion it as well as with the latest configuration. I am having core i5 processor as well as corsair 4 GB RAM. I tried to install windows 7 operating system on my computer and after the installation finished I received BSOD. I don’t know why this happened as well as when I turn my computer on then I found I am having several hardware conflicts so what shall I do to make everything proper.

Re: Got BSOD while installing windows 7 on P55-USB3 motherboard

The very first thing that you need to do is that you have to install your motherboard drivers on your computer. Although windows 7 would have automatically installed the needed driver, but I recommend d you to look for the updated drivers of your motherboard model on Gigabyte site and download all the drivers related to your model and install them. This would make your system updated and would remove any conflicts which are causing.

You need to update your BIOS firmware because I think it is causing certain problems so get an updated version of your BIOS software and use Qflash BIOs utility to update the BIOS as it is recommended by everyone. Before doing this ensure that you disable the option of Keep DMI data and then proceed with update process. After the process completes your computer gets restarted and then the blue screen of death error won’t come back again.

I recommend you to perform the certain steps in order to solve your problem. First load the optimized defaults of your BIOS and save the settings. After this your computer would get restarted and again enter the BIOS setup and then go to advanced memory settings from MIT section. Then set Quick option to DRAM timing selectable. Now further down you would find more channel timing control there you have to set them 9,9,9,24 in the below sequence then finally save the settings and the proper voltages would get set and error would be removed.

I have browsed over the internet and found that the motherboard you are using supports DDR3 RAM modules and it do have a support for 4 GB RAM chip. But the thing is that many users have got the similar problem and the solution they found is that RAM chip which they have on their computer is having certain problem. So I think you should also try replacing the same and then insert the other stick and would definitely solve your problem.

I guess it is a memory problem that is causing problem on your computer. So in order to make it sure you need to have Memtest utility on your computer which you can download by searching over the Google. Install it and run the software and it would check for the memory issues. If the utility shows you any error for your memory then remove your memory and insert it into other module. If it still gives the same error then there is some problem with your memory which you need to replace.

The main problem would not be the RAM chip that you are using on your computer, the problem I found is that gigabyte says that motherboard do support a RAM chip of 4GB on module but actually it doesn’t. So for this you have to replace the 4GB RAM with two pairs either i.e. 2x2 GB RAM on your modules. So just don’t throw the 4GB RAM chip instead have a replacement for the same with above mentioned instructions. Thus the 4GB capacity of RAM chip is not compatible or supported with the motherboard yet.