Thread: Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Graphics won’t turn on.

Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Graphics won’t turn on.

Hey guys I am running Windows XP Operating System in my standalone Desktop PC. As I am planning to start playing few games in the near future, few days back I purchased new Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Graphics card for my computer. But recently it has stopped responding and is not booting up. What could be the reason for this? Does anyone know anything about this matter? Please help me by sending your helpful suggestions. Your suggestions are always appreciated guys.

Re: Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Graphics won’t turn on.

I assume that you have performed the task of fitting in the card in your PC’s Motherboard by yourself. And maybe you must have not did it in the proper manner and that is why you have feel facing this problem. If that is the case then I would suggest you to open up the case once again and check out if you have inserted the Graphics card properly and it is fitted and connected properly to the system. Remove the Graphics card and reinsert it properly in the slot. Reattach the case and start your computer. Check out if you are still facing the problem.

It is better that you check out other connections as well when you are checking the Graphics card connections. Not taking the anti-septic precautions seems to be a very common mistake which everyone repeat while they are opening their CPU case and play around with the hardware. You should always remember to take few precautions while you are handling the card or when you are touching the components of Motherboard. When you don’t maintain certain precautions, you will end up damaging something in the Motherboard by conducting the static electricity through it.

You must reinstall the drivers of your Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 Graphics card in your computer. Once you have installed the graphic card drivers, try to perform update. If any new update is available for your current drivers then download the latest version of drivers for your graphic card from the official website and install it in your system. You should also update the BIOS of your Motherboard. Once you have performed all the updating, restart your system.

The problem seems to be very weird. According to me, you must have damaged your Graphics card. I am not sure about this, but still there are possibilities of getting your Graphics card damaged while you are installing the graphics card or dude to high voltage problem. So I would recommend you to take your Graphics card to the retailer from whom you purchased your Graphics card and get it replaced or repaired as per the condition of the graphics card.

Hey thank you all for showing concern to the problem of someone completely strange to you and wasting your quality time on typing those many big suggestions just to make sure that you have properly helped the other person. I am moved by your kind and generous nature. I am seriously looking forward to this forum. I will surely keep asking my technical doubts to you guys as now I know that you people will always be there to help as many people as you can. Once again thank you a lot.

I'm having a similar problem on an MSI board, K8NGM-V, I put in one of my Sapphire Radeon HD 5830 and it stops POSTing - pull it out, it's fine, put in different card, it's fine, put graphics card into a different machine with a different mobo, it's fine, use the same combination (K8NGM-V + Sapphire Radeon HD 5830) in an entirely different computer with a different mobo and video card (i have more than one of each), and I get the same problem. I think it might have to do with it auto-setting the link frequensy or rate in the bios. I've noticed when i manually increase the uplink to 16x it stops botting in the same way, even without the card, and i need to disconnect the battery to get it to run again in that case (to reset that bios setting).