Thread: How to replace Intel Core i7-2630QM processor in laptop

How to replace Intel Core i7-2630QM processor in laptop

Hello friend, I want to improve the performance of the Laptops. Last one year I use the Asus N53SV-A1 laptop and this laptop contains the configurations of the Intel Core i7-2630QM processor with the 4GB and initially Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium OS. I decided to replace the processor of the laptop and then try to insert the AMD Phenom II X4 Quad-Core 965 or the Intel Core i5-2400 processor. If anyone having knowledge then please share it.

Re: How to replace Intel Core i7-2630QM processor in laptop

First step to do this is Turn off laptop and remove the power cable. Then unscrew the laptop and remove the cover. Then you need to identify kind of socket present in the motherboard laptop. Then if this socket is suitable to the available and the compatible CPU then follow the next step. Then Push new processor in socket and fit it correctly into the slot. It contains either be pushed or a spring mechanism, or screwed in place. Then do that and finally fit all the screw of the laptop correctly. Then Power up laptop and enjoy upgraded laptop.

I used this technique but I don’t understand the next step after opening the panel of the laptop. Then I am little worried about the laptop and things that there is something wrong happens in the laptop. Then I use the diagram presents in the manual and it helps to fit this processor correctly onto the system. This is very easy steps for replacing the processor of the laptop. Initially I think it is very difficult but later on it is so easy for me to do this.

Hey before doing this task you need to check the Thermal Design Power of the CPU and the motherboard. This will be the most important factor in the replacement of the processor. The CPu is to be most important and the caring part of the laptop. Also remember that the design of the laptop and the desktop is different. Hence I suggest you to don’t follow the desktop processor process. This will be creates major issues in the system.

The configuration of the Intel Core i7-2630QM processor is to be the 2.0GHz 6MB Cache. This processor will provide the Turbo Boost up to 2.9GHz speed facility. Then I am little surprise that you decided to replace this processor. If there is something serious issue present in this processor then replace it otherwise don’t do that. As per my choice you need to replace it with the Intel Core i5-2400 processor. This is the most suitable processor for the Asus N53SV-A1 laptop.

The user guide manual of the Asus N53SV-A1 laptop will gives the step by step information for the replace the processor. Then you need to just follow that process step by step and it helps to solve the trouble. Normally this specific process presents in the laptop for the changing the processor. The user needs to found that process and try to do that process correctly. Then the process is to be the best way and it helps to solve the trouble.

Both processors you mention is might be matching the socket of the laptop and hence as per the connectivity point of view there is no issue occurred at the time of insertion. Then I think you need to see the diagrams of the process. This diagrams present in the manual and it helps to understand the step by step process of the doing this thing. One point also remember that take the help of the person before doing this major task. This will be most beneficial for you.