Thread: Need to add extra RAM in Windows Xp

Need to add extra RAM in Windows Xp

A month ago I noticed that Windows Update had an HP Service Pack 1 of Windows xp appears as an important update. Not installed mechanically, and when I tried to install there was an "unknown error". I do not know and did not attempt to reinstall it. Now I see it no longer appears on my list of available updates on Windows Update. Is there really a Service Pack 1 for Windows xp (32 bit) which has otherwise been withdrawn? There is no evidence that my operating system version has been changed. I am also thinking of buying a new computer. What you people think

Re: Need to add extra RAM in Windows Xp

See, when you install RAM in your system than it is not necessary that it will show the exact memory which you are expecting. Some memory of RAM is used by your system. Although you said that you have installed 4 GB of RAM, it is quite sure that it will show the around 3.5 GB only and in the BIOS and not complete GB. If you still have doubts about this than you can your friends PC.

Hey buddy listen, there can basically two reasons why your PC is unable to see the exact memory of RAM. The first reason is that you might be using a 32-bit windows xp because of which your system is able to see only 3.25-3.5 GB of RAM. The second reason is that some people might be using onboard graphics which also consumes some amount of memory because graphics need memory. Just check it out.

If your processor is compatible with 64-bit OS, you can upgrade to 64-bit Windows 7, which lets you use the entire RAM but graphics can consume up to 512 MB. Windows 64-bit a ton of RAM to the power 64, which is a big number of bytes that will take a long time to beat him. Windows of 32 bits, in theory, supports 2 byte supply 32, also known as 4 GB, but that's for all the things they need memory addresses including graphics, so it is unrealistic to ~ 3.25 GB.

When you get a new computer, make sure you have a 64-bit operating system to allow more RAM. That's one of the best features of the 64-bit operating systems. Windows 7 has limits on the amount of RAM that is used depending on the edition that appears. If you receive Windows 7, the most likely get the Home Premium version, and 16 GB of RAM is a lot, especially when 4GB is the new standard. Thus this much memory is more than enough for the people.