Thread: Can Asus Crosshair IV Extreme is able to support best corsair memory

Can Asus Crosshair IV Extreme is able to support best corsair memory

I am having very old crosshair 1 mainboard and corsair dominator 8500 memory so I thought of building a new computer system with these existing parts I have. When I checked asus website, it showed that asus crosshair iv extreme mainboard that is compatible with many memory types. So I was confused a bit that which memory has best performance that I can install with this motherboard. Should I go for 1600 MHz or 2000 MHz or more? Are this memory size are compatible with this new motherboard? Need suggestions for this.

Re: Can Asus Crosshair IV Extreme is able to support best corsair memory

Well on asus you can try whatever you want but as compared to AMD systems, I have not seen AMD to run above DDR1700 with any memory but may work with some good features such as overclocking and advanced cooling liquid nitrogen such as CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 can be compatible but you don’t expect much from it. Thus I think asus crosshair IV extreme mainboard is quite better. I think it will support most of the memory sizes. It’s a good idea of using it.

Hey buddy even I built my computer using the same Asus Crosshair IV Extreme motherboard. The only difference is that I used many new parts to build my computer and I am sure that this motherboard supports most of the memory sizes. Also I am using CMX8GX3M2A2000C9 corsair that works good so far. Also I think this will support memory running at 2000MHz and your computer will be stable as before.

Hey hi. You know that even I am using 8 gig of CMX8GX3M2A2000C corsair like you on Asus Crosshair IV motherboard having 1100T and memory running at 2000 MHz. My CPU is at 3888 MHz and at 1.40 volts, buxs is at 250, 3000nb and 2000ht and my memory is set to 9-10-9-27 2T. The solution of getting 2000 MHz is to overclock the nb minimum at 3000 MHz. This really works well you can try it.

Hey buddy as you are telling that 1600 MHz or 2000 MHz or more are compatible with this motherboard, than yes, they are compatible. I have tried all of them and they worked quite well. If you are not sure about it, than you can also try it by bringing your friend’s system if he has same features and than check it with yours. Thus asus crosshair IV extreme mainboard is quite better than others like AMD.